The current all-inclusive marketplace does not allow factions any say in who buys their strategic or luxury resources. If my Riftborn are at war with the Sophons but allied with the UE, I might wish to sell adamantium to the UE but not have the Sophons buy it up on the general market.   

I propose that trade agreements enable buying and selling of resources between the two signatory factions in the marketplace; that is, the trades effecting marketplace prices would reflect only the input of the two signatory factions. Each trade agreement would create a market only between its members.

To curb the proliferation of markets, trade agreements could function like alliances; entering a trade agreement with a faction who already has a trade agreement with a third party would create a three part trade agreement with three inputs in the collective market.

This system would encourage strategic decisions about who to trade with, whether to gain access to a specific resource or to counter a rival trade bloc.