Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
8 years ago
Dec 22, 2016, 5:01:30 PM

I would like to see a Terraforming race that can terraform a planet to something only they like. If we want to use the Sowers as an example, rather than terraforming planets in to nice, beautiful Tier 1 planets, they could be a corrupt version who terraforms things to a custom Tier 6 planet that every other race dispises except them (Such as a Grey Goo Planet, or Nuclear Planet, or Digital Planet) as well as being uncaring to all kinds of planet (IE, no -15 Happiness for Barren, or -25 for a Gas Giant).

Thanks for reading!

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

As SpaceTroll commented, we think this is a very cool idea, and we're keeping it in mind (and on the wishlist) for future projects.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 26, 2016, 9:19:38 AM

I dreamt about this (yeah, don't ask). I merged this idea and the node idea in the same one.

I was thinking about a planet illness as a "faction". Yup, planet germs as a faction.

This faction have no people, it works with spare places on planets. When a system is totally ill, then the player can choose node bonuses.

The heroes of this faction are the only ships the faction have. They are like remote controls to propagate this illness.

That illness gives heavy maluses to planets growth. This illness gives also glaciation to planets. It is just what happened on Auriga.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 3, 2017, 4:39:20 PM

Wow, we're one of the highest rated ideas now. Thanks for the support everyone!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 4, 2017, 9:15:15 PM

This is a great idea. 

You could also use it as a sort of 'Scorched Earth' 'Scorched Galaxy' Policy

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 20, 2017, 3:55:58 PM
Orbotosh wrote:

So, the Mycon from Star Control?

Super heretical comment coming up: Never played Star Control. Laptop couldn't run it when it came out, and now, even though I own it on GoG, it still doesn't work on my PC. lol

Subby wrote:

This is a great idea. 

You could also use it as a sort of 'Scorched Earth' 'Scorched Galaxy' Policy

Yep! That'd be their advantage. If they manage to take any of your systems, you desperately need to take them back soon, because otherwise they'll have screwed you out of their usefulness.

0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

SpaceTroll

DEV SpaceTroll

status updated 7 years ago

very cool! worth keeping aside when designing new factions.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message

Wishlisted

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

As SpaceTroll commented, we think this is a very cool idea, and we're keeping it in mind (and on the wishlist) for future projects.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment