Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A rework to special nodes

Space BattlesEconomyGalaxy Generation

6 years ago
Mar 6, 2019, 4:57:25 AM

This is something I came up with on Reddit, I will leave a link to the post and the comment here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EndlessSpace/comments/ax8geo/this_game_is_very_pretty/ehvzphn?utm_source=reddit-android

Don't know if it's possible but what about on galaxy generation having it so chokepoints are more likely to be special nodes. 

So on galaxy generation  the game picks X amount of nodes and decides if they're going to become special by checking if its nodes are connected to each other, if one of them isn't, that's a chokepoint so it should either have a better chance or become a special node. You could also have it be a specific type depending on the strategics and luxuries around it or the number of nodes it's connected to.

Anyway a simpler way to make them more revelant could be allowing Exploration ships to probe special nodes and apply its effects  to your nearest system but without the full benefits. That probe could also be pillaged by other empires like villages and extractors fron Endless Legend to make players fight over them, would need to teach the AI to do all that which would probably be the hardest part xD

I have no clue how the game's system or modding them work, but I still think these would be nice additions to the game, will probably end up posting this on G2G for more exposure.

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Mar 15, 2019, 9:49:13 PM

I had a similar problem with playing factions other than the UC. with them u can place beacons on such system to get their bonuses on your home system. 

With other faction i seldomly got to choose systems "near" enough special nodes bevore those get (more or less) irrelevant when the game progresses. it would be nice to have other ways to access those.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment