Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Simplify or Rework] Space-Battles

Space BattlesShip DesignMilitaryExploration

5 years ago
Apr 11, 2019, 12:14:49 AM

Space battles, as many aspects of this micromanage-focused game, can be interesting.

There are many things to consider, from the size of your fleet, the kind of ships you're using, the modules you equip them with, the tactic you use in fight, the hero and on and on and on.

The problem I want to adress here however is: 

How do I know, if I'm gonna win? 

With little knowledge about the modules my opponent uses, it's quite hard to estimate how strong their fleet really is.
Even though my experience is limited with 160h+ played and that I can only speak for myself, I often found myself losing fights even though I equipped the most favorable tactic available and my fleet outnumbering the points of the enemy fleet by a huge margin (1.3+ times the stats of theirs)

This is why I would like to reech out to you guys and ask you to change something about it. Simplifying would obviously be the worst choice, since it would take too much strategy away, but I'd ask you to make the Evaluation before a fight more accurate to the result I can expect and highlight the kind of modules my enemy uses more obviously, so that sheer numbers don't skew my opinion of their strength.

Thank you for your attention :)

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Apr 16, 2019, 6:54:34 PM

While I love the depth of the battel system, I also find it hard to predict any space battles. Which is really annoyin because I lost way to often my hero in the first 10 rounds to a random pirate ship that should have lost by a milestone looking at the statistics. Yes, I checked the damage and armor classes and the battle tactics.

I assume it has to do with the "laning" system. That part of the space battles is to poorly if at all explained.
Furthermore I found that the ships do not fly the path that is shown before battle.

0Send private message
5 years ago
Apr 16, 2019, 10:11:28 PM

I just had another of these COMPLETELY none-sense fights.
The screenshots are in German, but you should be able to read the numbers.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment