There should be a page listing all the minor civs, showing your status with them, able to choose options with them etc. Having to hunt them down on the main map on a regular bases is a pain as trying to remember them all and reremember to go back to every single one of them.

One should be able to choose autoflattery options. That is you choose a auto flattery option, when a flattery runs out, it automatically uses that setting to reflatter. For example if you choose 3 flattery, it flatters the minor civ three times, then in ten turns when it runs out , it does it again 3 times without you having to do a thing. It also automatically stops when you max out. Also possibly it automatically reduces or perhaps a popup screen asking what you want to do when getting close to max out or quest point depending on setting.

There should be a option for something to pop up alerting you to the option to quest or outright influence them over once those options have been reached.

The bonus reputation you get from scanning anomalies in their systems should not increase your flattery cost. This is because it means the best way to do it is to scan and then flatter and you don't have to pay the extra cost. Hense the game is punishing players for not micromanaging. And it makes sense, why should one influence the other, let them be independent.

More information in the game about the minor civs relationship with various AI and the game to explain what it even means to be a sovereign somewhere.

These suggestions are greatly needed to reduce the micromanaging and ease of use of the minor civs.

When I went to post this it gave some other idea results that might be related but I couldn't view any of them https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/73-tech-support/threads/34051-website-won-t-let-me-use-idea-links. But the one that looked closest to my suggestion is 2 years old anyway.