Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
8 years ago
Jan 3, 2017, 10:54:36 PM

Through the questline we make decisions that are meant to change your empire a lot. It is clearly seen in UE quests (military/industry /science). But the only thing you get is the ability to construct some improvements. Maybe it should be taken to a more significant level?

My idea is that the whole empire will change, based on your decisions. Your people would become something else. For example , if you choose scientific path Raians won't stay industrialists and will become scientists. If Sophons decide to militarise the AI they will stop being pacifists and will become militarists. 

This will increase the replayability as different paths will make the game unlike the previous one. Also it won't be boring to play with 2 UE as they will be very different.

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We have this for the United Empire now, while the Vaulters gain a new population type based on their quest choices. However, changing the population type does not fit many questlines, so we will probably not expand on this any further.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 4, 2017, 5:13:47 PM

I like the idea (it goes well with what I had in mind when presented some new ways to change the political regime in one of my ideas : https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/ideas/252-refunding-the-definition-and-effects-of-political-regimes : quests should be able to provide some key features for the rest of the game).

I have some concerns although : 

- Should it concern only one type of population (your original one) in your empire (if some of your systems have been conquered by another one, will they be converted as well) at a precise moment, or do you think it should be like a passive effect applied to all the populations of your original type becoming controlled by your empire (so if one raian population is controlled by another empire at the moment you launch the effect, and then you take back control of the system this population is, will it be converted like the others), or more simply all the population of your original type in all the galaxy ?

- What happens if several players play the same faction (it could become quite complex if each player select a different decision with effects on the ideology of their original population type) ?

Thank you for reading !  

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 5, 2017, 11:49:51 AM

I like the Idea , but i think it is almost impossible for an Government to change the believes of a whole Culture and Population , i think the faction you "supported" should a get low but permanent support boni for elections . it would somehow show that it is possible for your Government to change the Mindset of your People just because they choose one of two options , but only a few of them . (Posted it before on the other duplicate of this Idea , so i copy it here too )

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 6, 2017, 2:45:00 AM

Finally I'm able to answer

Hinin wrote:

- Should it concern only one type of population (your original one) in your empire (if some of your systems have been conquered by another one, will they be converted as well) at a precise moment, or do you think it should be like a passive effect applied to all the populations of your original type becoming controlled by your empire (so if one raian population is controlled by another empire at the moment you launch the effect, and then you take back control of the system this population is, will it be converted like the others), or more simply all the population of your original type in all the galaxy ?

- What happens if several players play the same faction (it could become quite complex if each player select a different decision with effects on the ideology of their original population type) ?

I think that this idea nicely works with the idea of changing the name of an empire. We call our nation Mezari and the other UE are still Raians. The game recognizes these two kinds of population as different ones. And the players  can do that too. The image does not change but the name and the characteristics (that are seen in the population screen) are changed. It shouldn't be all around the galaxy as the player's choices are personal.

pixelfreak wrote:

I like the Idea , but i think it is almost impossible for an Government to change the believes of a whole Culture and Population , i think the faction you "supported" should a get low but permanent support boni for elections . it would somehow show that it is possible for your Government to change the Mindset of your People just because they choose one of two options , but only a few of them . (Posted it before on the other duplicate of this Idea , so i copy it here too )

I understand your point , but the choices we make are global. At least in UE and Sophons quests. You can't completely change the way the empire progresses without the approval of your people. Also every turn looks like a long period of time. Years are passing fast. Maybe people can change their thoughts? 

0Send private message
8 years ago
Jan 9, 2017, 1:22:36 PM

Thought a bit more about more than one population of the same kind in the galaxy. Well, it's an interesting topic to discuss. Absolutely populations within different empires will be different. ( I recently came up with an idea of distinguishing many Sophons or anyone else. It can be written where did the pop come from. From which player or AI ) But I don't really know what will happen with ones that were attracted by a different empire. Logically pop has to remain in the same state as it either doesn't know what is happening in its home or it is said just in the news. But it will create too much stress on the game as the date of attraction of every pop has to be calculated and saved. To make it easier - every pop, produced by a certain player changes when it has to in the whole galaxy.

0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

SpaceTroll

DEV SpaceTroll

status updated 7 years ago

it is a tricky one as a population type is unique throughout the galaxy... but interesting nonetheless...
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 6, 2017, 3:26:15 AM

Well couldn't it be an empire or system wide buff or debuff? If enough of a population wants a change then it normaly has an effect no matter how small it is. I think this could be grouped with other empire changing events that have been proposed around here like in this thread. 

https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/ideas/301-post-battle-events?page=1

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We have this for the United Empire now, while the Vaulters gain a new population type based on their quest choices. However, changing the population type does not fit many questlines, so we will probably not expand on this any further.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment