Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

E.N.F.E.R. difficulty mode

Game optionsVictory

7 years ago
May 14, 2017, 6:04:33 PM

I was thinking about the possibility of adding another difficulty mode: the E.N.F.E.R. difficulty which would be harder than endless (the highest one so far) or would replace this latter if it would be to difficult to implement.

This would not be just a cosmetic change: the player would face E.N.F.E.R., which would mean our beloved AI could send messages to the player on the chatbox using its usual sarcastic tone: "Nice move, your chance of winning this session have just gone from 0.001% to 0.000000001%." "In 5 turns, you're screwed, meatbag #54213!"

In case the player would win, there would be a special E.N.F.E.R. ending (maybe also a special badge to boast on the website).

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

While we could still consider another difficulty mode with even greater modifiers, the surrounding material that would truly turn this into an E.N.F.E.R. mode (like the suggested chatbot and cinematic) are unfortunately out of vission for ES2.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!

Must have

The MUST HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would really like to have in the game.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Nov 25, 2017, 9:35:23 AM

Would be cool if E.N.F.E.R. ai would use neural networks for his decision making. I believe that from all of the game studios it's Amplitude who could get neural network AI integrated into 4x strategy.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 14, 2018, 10:55:50 PM

I played at max difficulty and Cravers AI said they do not fight with me. I asked them to remove fleets from my area and they said... okay! Why? The decision of craver's AI cannot be so epic.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 15, 2018, 11:50:07 AM

How can be possible that there are people around the univers who want a harder difficult level?

You are crazy man, I dont even know if is possible to beat hard difficult right now xD (obviously Im talking about mysefl)

0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 19, 2018, 2:10:42 PM

This would be very welcome by many. My single biggest gripe with this game is the lack of challenge in the difficulty. The challenge does not compare to other turn based strategy games. Unfortunately the AI just is not capable of making sound strategic determinations.

0Send private message
6 years ago
May 12, 2018, 9:40:26 PM

Before this can be a thing, the team needs to figure out how to program a much more robust and clever A.I. instead of just piling on more resource multipliers.  Making the game cheat harder =/= challenge.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Feb 5, 2019, 3:52:43 AM

This is the thing I'd want from the game the most and it's sad we're still not getting a proper difficulty rebalance.

I'm not a great player, I don't usually stop playing those kinds of games because they're too easy - and ES2 is the first of its kind. After the expansion I start as a faction I've never played, not understanding new mechanics - and still win on Endless without breaking a sweat. I never won Endless Legend on max difficuly and have problems with winning of 6 out 8 difficulties. Never won Civilization on diety.

I don't care about AI logic and intellegence, give him some sort of better bonuses. Maybe something scaling with time. Maybe some additional aggressiveness. Anything.

0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

While we could still consider another difficulty mode with even greater modifiers, the surrounding material that would truly turn this into an E.N.F.E.R. mode (like the suggested chatbot and cinematic) are unfortunately out of vission for ES2.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment