Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 12:23:11 PM

The only way to gain the ressources is by colonising systems.

But that on the other hand works against you when you reach the "Overcolonisation-Approval-Penalty"  So you have to consider if you raze one of your systems. That results automaticly in a Strategic/Luxury Ressource loss.

To compensate that we think a Mining Outpost should be added to the game.

The Mining Outpost takes some turns until it is finished, same as a normal colonising ship, but is will not count as a Colonised Planet and so won't increase the "Over-Colonisation" Limit!

A Mining Outpost can be created by a "Coloniser Ship" that has a "Mining Factory Module" installed, which again is a Tier 4 Tech.

The Mining Outpost extracts vital ressources without colonising the entire Systems, BUT the amount of Ressources you gain cannot be changed by any System Improvement since you DO NOT colonise the System.

So if you get only 1 Hyperion and 3 Jadonyx you are not able to increase the amount with a "Mining Outpost".

It also is not able to generate any FIDSI by itself and thus needs FID (Food, Industry, Dust) provided by one of the Players colonised Planets as long as the Mining Outpost exist.

The Mining Outpost can be destroyed by enemy fleets, even if it contains only one ship, since the Outpost has no defenses. So you better send some Ships to protect your operation.

I want to thank Vzzdak and Kareal for providing me with a different Point of View.

As always tell me what you think about it.

Updated 9 days ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

While not outposts, we have implemented the ability to mine resources on systems you do not own through the Behemoths.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 3, 2017, 9:31:36 PM
Vzzdak wrote:
Kaada wrote:
Vzzdak wrote:
DanielSas wrote:

I think they can make Mining support modules instead. THen you can take an Support ship and equip it!

That's too simplistic. This thread is talking about a kind of factory ship that requires significant resources, which is used as an alternative to establishing a colony.

I think the Colony Ship fits perfect for the Job since it already has the "Equipment" to make a Settlement and so on. I think a Mining Factory Module for the Colony Ship is a good way to go. Should be a High Tier Tech in the Economic and Trade part though, otherwise it would be to simple and to easy getting ressources.

A colony ship has a cargo of starting population, tools, vehicles, and presumably the ship hull can be used as temporary shelter.

A colony ship is *not* a factory or refinement system. In a normal colony, these advanced systems would come after the local population constructed them.

As said, this thread is talking about a new type of ship, a "factory ship," massive in size, used to harvest vital resources (e.g., Hyperion, Jadonyx, etc.), which is costly to maintain and defend.

This is the one thing I don't agree to and won't change. 

It is just much easier for the Devs to use an already existing Shiptype and simply add a new function to it than creating a hole new Ship Type for each faction. But if the Devs decide to make a new Ship I see no problem either.

A Module is the way to go. Not a new ship.

I'm glad for your ideas and concerns but it is still my idea. We work together to get a result that makes us all happy. Not just one.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

While not outposts, we have implemented the ability to mine resources on systems you do not own through the Behemoths.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Mar 8, 2018, 10:47:25 AM

i feel a adapted coloniser ship that works as a miner, like that Allayi unit in endless legend, could work too. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 27, 2018, 10:47:52 PM

How about being able to mine the "special nodes" involving asteroids within the sphere of influence for additional resources?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 25, 2017, 12:21:36 PM

A new type of outpost sounds amazing. 

Adding a constant flow of civilian ships from mining outposts to colonised systems give better feedback on effective blockades.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 15, 2017, 1:37:13 AM

I would say a colony starts as an outpost and in time it can grow into something bigger. This is the current system as we have it now.

If we add a factory ship, which can take strategic ressources from planets, then to me that sounds like something that is to similar to the Vodyani,

which already have the arks. 

So as it stands right now i would need to have a better explanation what this is really gonna add to the gameplay, which already exists inside the game.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 2, 2017, 9:25:34 PM

It feels good when an Idea get's the attention of Devs. 

Thank you very much.

0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

Dagart

DEV Dagart

status updated 7 years ago

interesting, it could make sense.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 4, 2017, 5:54:54 PM

It makes me very happy to see al the upvotes. Thank you all very much for your support.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 3, 2017, 11:55:59 PM
Kaada wrote:
Tyrenium wrote:

I like the idea of having some new form of outpost.

In my opinion, it should be a weak installation. That way, players have to ensure the safety of their new outpost by posting a permanent guard. Or otherwise running the risk of loosing the outpost to opponents.

Plus, this kind of outpost should not hinder other players from building a colony in the same system.

Everything you wrote is basicly what we already have in mind. The last thing on the other hand...I have to think about it. 

Colonising a System that already has a Mining Outpost shouldn't be possible. The Outpost must be destroyed before Colonising. Or even when one just colonises the System the Mining Outpost will be destroyed immediatly after the Outpost turns into a Colony.

Either Way the Mining Outpost is gone.

Perhaps. Don't overlook the opportunity to increase the depth of the gameplay.

In whatever form that the mining outpost takes, having it in the form of an installation that can be captured will add to overall strategy.

If the system is colonized, then what happens to the outpost would depend upon its form. For example, a factory ship could be piloted to another system, whereas a physical installation could reduce construction cost for a mining-related improvement. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 3, 2017, 9:42:33 PM
Tyrenium wrote:

In my opinion, it should be a weak installation. That way, players have to ensure the safety of their new outpost by posting a permanent guard. Or otherwise running the risk of loosing the outpost to opponents.

Plus, this kind of outpost should not hinder other players from building a colony in the same system.

Everything you wrote is basicly what we already have in mind. The last thing on the other hand...I have to think about it. 

Colonising a System that already has a Mining Outpost shouldn't be possible. The Outpost must be destroyed before Colonising. Or even when one just colonises the System the Mining Outpost will be destroyed immediatly after the Outpost turns into a Colony.

Either Way the Mining Outpost is gone.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 3, 2017, 9:36:25 PM
allikrid wrote:

it should only be useful for a certain amount of turns (depending of planet survivability). Each outpost will need to be resplenished with more colony ships, or it will be useless and will need reconstruction.

What about vodyani rebalance ?

Since I'm a 90% Craver Player I don't care about the Vodyani. If you are a Vodyani player than play them as often as you can and always different than before (as much as possible) and than think what could be added, changed, or deleted.

Also i don't think the Mining Outpost should vanish after a few turns. I think of them as a benefit and a concern for each player. Benefits are the incoming Ressources, but at the same time the concern to loose them by an attack. 

It is the task of the Player to defend their own operations, but hunt and destroy Enemy Player Operations. That also makes the game much more interesting.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 3, 2017, 3:25:09 PM

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 3, 2017, 2:05:46 PM
Kaada wrote:
Vzzdak wrote:
DanielSas wrote:

I think they can make Mining support modules instead. THen you can take an Support ship and equip it!

That's too simplistic. This thread is talking about a kind of factory ship that requires significant resources, which is used as an alternative to establishing a colony.

I think the Colony Ship fits perfect for the Job since it already has the "Equipment" to make a Settlement and so on. I think a Mining Factory Module for the Colony Ship is a good way to go. Should be a High Tier Tech in the Economic and Trade part though, otherwise it would be to simple and to easy getting ressources.

A colony ship has a cargo of starting population, tools, vehicles, and presumably the ship hull can be used as temporary shelter.

A colony ship is *not* a factory or refinement system. In a normal colony, these advanced systems would come after the local population constructed them.

As said, this thread is talking about a new type of ship, a "factory ship," massive in size, used to harvest vital resources (e.g., Hyperion, Jadonyx, etc.), which is costly to maintain and defend.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 3, 2017, 3:40:29 AM

it should only be useful for a certain amount of turns (depending of planet survivability). Each outpost will need to be resplenished with more colony ships, or it will be useless and will need reconstruction.

What about vodyani rebalance ?

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 2, 2017, 5:23:02 PM
Vzzdak wrote:
DanielSas wrote:

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 2, 2017, 3:11:12 PM
DanielSas wrote:

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 8:19:24 PM

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment