Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Population composition of troops

MilitaryPopulation

7 years ago
Jun 6, 2017, 11:31:35 AM

This idea is strongly related to my other idea of "System invasion rework". The main idea in the introduction of the game is the all-imperial option pop composition of troops. So look at the picture:

50% of the troops are always reserved for the main population, but the other 50% can be replaced by the population of smaller factions. Various accompanying ideas and examples of population abilities are demonstrated in the following picture.

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Managing the exact population composition of your ground troops in the end did not mesh well with the design of ES2 ground combat.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 8, 2017, 5:28:54 AM

The idea of giving unique ground combat bonuses per population type is really cool. Good luck with this idea!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 8, 2017, 5:42:12 AM

I like it, more visibility and effect to minor faction  is great !

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 7:00:53 AM

Voted.

0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

Dagart

DEV Dagart

status updated 7 years ago

this is a very nice idea. we will keep it in mind for an overhaul of the ground battles.
0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jul 31, 2017, 3:05:22 PM

Here I remade old mockup of screen "troop management". Just look:

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 18, 2018, 7:22:08 PM

Just created an account to support this awesome idea! 

Pros in my opinion:

- An extra insentive to own multiple population types(specially militaristic ones). 

- Add a needed depth to the ground battles. 

- Would make the Train Foreing Coprs option more interesting and rewarding, thus adding value to several Minor Factions.

- Would add more options to the marketplace.

One remark however, i feel that the defense forces should be purelly based on system current populations, rather than anything else. That way having balanced populations(including militaristic ones) would be a fair option too, rather than the game pushing us towards min maxing every system and planet with the best production units.  

0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Managing the exact population composition of your ground troops in the end did not mesh well with the design of ES2 ground combat.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment