Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
8 years ago
Dec 1, 2016, 8:01:08 PM

I was reading this thread here: https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forum/66-game-design/thread/21999-problem-when-unlocking-too-much-political-parties, and thinking about ways to help with this problem. Obviously the underlying mechanics have to be in place and transparent, but I had an idea that would make the game more interesting when most of the parties are unlocked. I think there should be laws that require a combined support threshold from two different parties. For instance, there could be a law that gives you a small amount of science whenever your fleets destroy ships in combat and requires combined support from the militarist and scientist parties. Or a law that gives a production boost whenever you finish a diplomatic agreement with another empire and would require support from the industrialists and pacifists. 

Updated 24 days ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We will probably not implement multi-party laws. However, the underlying problem described in the linked post should have been addressed when the requirements for laws were changed.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Dec 1, 2016, 9:14:40 PM

This is one good option to deal with that problem. There may be more, anyway +1 to your proposal.

I'll link to the thread, just in case there's more people interested.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 2, 2016, 8:30:35 AM

This is a really cool idea!

0Send private message
8 years ago
Dec 8, 2016, 6:43:34 PM

Great idea!

So you're proposing new, hybrid laws that require a certain level of support from multiple parties. Would they only require minimal or modest support, or do you think laws for moderate and broad support are feasible as well?

0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

SpaceTroll

DEV SpaceTroll

status updated 8 years ago

Let's see if it does not add too much complexity to the game! if not it would be a great addition. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 19, 2018, 6:35:43 AM

Great idea, it will add more depth to politics and unlock a lot of laws for the players to choose from and provide unique and niche benefits.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We will probably not implement multi-party laws. However, the underlying problem described in the linked post should have been addressed when the requirements for laws were changed.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment