Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Faction that a has a race that itself has more than 1 pop type

GovernmentPopulationPoliticsResearchSystem ManagementEconomyHeroesMajor FactionsFactions

6 years ago
Aug 2, 2018, 4:07:52 PM

A faction made up of a race with multiple pop types, but are the same race. Such as, Major differences between genders found in some animals (spiders, a couple species of fish) where the males are very different from females, or the society is a caste system (Divergent series novels, Yuuzhan Vong from star wars expanded universe, Klingons from star trek, ancient Hindu society, Homeworld game series, the list goes on). 

Each pop type has a specialization such as warfare, economy, politics, science, etc. Pop management would be very important. Pop types would give bonuses. Military pop would be best served along borders of empire. Science pop should be placed on high-science planets or near science anamolies.

Different ship types for different pop types.

OR, a race of machines with different models with specializations

Updated 6 months ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Aug 17, 2018, 1:56:23 PM

Sounds good for me ! why not bringing back Automatron and make this faction like this ? It would be good to see a mecha trying to do like organic life and trying to evolve depending the type of the planete. 

0Send private message
6 years ago
Aug 17, 2018, 6:49:01 PM

I like the Automaton idea!! lets keep working on it! I will be doing some editing to add to idea.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
6 years ago
Sep 6, 2018, 3:33:55 PM

I think the question is whether a second non-organic race (alongside the Riftborn of course) would complement the versatility of the existing race pool ? Nonetheless the re-worked Automatons (or Sowers at this point) could counter-balance the Riftborn's 'xenophobic' nature towards the Endless universe.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment