Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
6 years ago
Dec 11, 2018, 8:33:05 PM

Hello.

NOTE: I couldn't find a category this fit in so I added it to every category. If someone sees a fitting category by all means please move it there. If not, maybe you need to add a new category.

I can't think of a software developer whose end products I like so much with documentation that is so poor.

Please let me add, beyond being an avid player of both computer and board games for 40 years, I also spent 30 years in IT in a variety of positions (as an operator, developer, tester and document writer). So I think it is fair to say I have above average knowledge on the subject.

Forcing customers to look through multiple forums, wikis, tutorials, player made guides and videos to find answers to questions is absurd. Player made materials of this type should be a bonus not a necessity. There should and needs to be a single document for each of your games (with linked index, contents and dictionary of terms) that is kept up to date with both fixes and expansions.

Personally, this has been by far my biggest complaint with all of your products to date.

Thank you.

PS: The fact that you don't even have an idea category for documentation(at least I don't see one) says a lot about the companies priorities.

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Dec 18, 2018, 2:54:07 PM

Agreed!

They seem to be on the path to adressing this with their fledgling G2G tutorial and help sections they've recently rolled out, but at this point those are accessible through this website and not neccessarily from in-game menus.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 31, 2019, 4:58:32 PM

YES!

This game so nicely integrated into the steam workshop, and yet the lack of documentation makes this game a nightmare to mod.

What I don't understand is why Amplitude doesn't release some of their internal documentation.

Surely there must be some.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment