Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
6 years ago
Dec 31, 2018, 9:49:58 AM

The title is fairly self-explanatory. I understand that alliances can be a pivotal element of the game but sometimes it makes particular victory conditions unobtainable. For example, often times I like to go solo and ignore alliances to try and be self-sufficient and win that way, however doing this only allows for certain victory types to really be viable. The one that comes to mind as the obvious culprit in this scenario is the score victory. If three or so factions make an alliance with one another, unless you are the absolute king of invasions and have an amazing military/diplomacy for demands/political pressure, achieving a score victory is near impossible. 

Allowing for the disabling of alliances in the game would allow for a more "free-for-all" oriented game, where self-sufficiency is king, and if on your own you can't stuff it, you snuff it, and the most self-sufficient faction will win. One faction to rule them all. And since all it is, is an option that can be enabled or disabled, no one is obligated to use the setting, but allowing for the option to be there will encourage more gameplay variety with readily available gameplay resources.

I'm curious to see who else, if anyone is in support of this idea, please let me know.

Updated 5 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jan 14, 2019, 5:02:29 PM

While still allowiing peace, I assume, trade deals, science agreements, etc.   This is an intruiging idea, I think I like it.  It might even be relatively straightforward for the devs to implement it, and I think a lot of people might share your opinion.

I would, though, if this were added, like to see a 'join war' diplomatic option, so that I can bribe other factions to attacking a particularly oversized enemy, (Cravers come to mind). 

Otherwise factions designed to have no alliance (ala Cravers) might have a distinct and unfair advantage over factions who were designed with alliances in mind.

Still, I like the idea.  Upvoted.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment