Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Randomized Faction Location, Set Faction Color

Game optionsLobbyGalaxy GenerationMajor FactionsFactions

6 years ago
Jan 14, 2019, 4:32:22 PM

The Horatio, in my eyes, look best in gold!  I tend to like my Cravers to be the color of dried blood, my Unfallen a verdant green, my Sophons a deep blue.   The only problem with my color-tagging empires is that they tend to fall in the exact same spot (map after map) relative to me in the galaxy.   I could change their positioning manually, but I'd like to be surprised!

TLDR: This is a mild quality of life improvement, but I would like to be able to randomize the starting position of empires while still having the ability to set their faction color.

Updated 19 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
6 years ago
Jan 16, 2019, 11:06:53 AM

I guess I haven't been playing enough, I wasn't aware that colour dictated placement in the galaxy, but I usually play with everything on random. Is it really static placement in the same places every time? I always though that it was randomised.

0Send private message
6 years ago
Jan 17, 2019, 11:14:41 AM

The color doesn't determine the location, rather the ordering in the new game menu (1 through 12) does.   If I choose a yellow Horatio and it's the first empire (or 2nd-12th), it will spawn predictably in the galaxy.  If I choose to randomize the 'yellow empire', I won't be able to have a yellow Horatio, unless I'm lucky.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong here, but I'm fairly certain that if I set up an ordered list of empires, say: Blue Sophons in position one, Yellow Horatio in position two, Green Unfallen, Olive UE, Red Cravers, Pink Riftborn, Teal Hissho, etc; then the relative position of those empires in any given galaxy generated will be identical.   Horatio and Sophons will be near each other, Unfallen and UE, etc.   I don't believe the seed randomizes the empire spawn location, I think they're more or less pegged to the empire position on the 'new game' menu.

Updated 6 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment