I was thinking today -as I spent time retrofitting 400+ CP worth of ships in preparation for a massive onslaught- that it would be so much nicer to be able to dicide what special additives were on my defense and weapon modules.

For instance, you can get 0.5 HP repaird OR fleet xp per damage absorbed OR 10% crew protection, etc. on your plating, but you sacrifice Projectile Defense and Health Bonuses depending.

Why not simply give the ability to augment/improve modules with strategic resources with each technology unlock?

Currently "Titanium Electroplating" gives you access to the "Improved Reactive Plating" module, which gives you fleet xp based on damage taken, but this 'xp' additive is only attached to this module, so at higher levels, you can't get it without sacrificing major defense.

At the same time something like "Interleaved Orichalcix" gives access to "Extreme Impenetrable Plating" which gives you HP repair on damage taken, but this 'hp' additive is only attached to this module, so you can't create lower-cost ships without sacrificing this added effect.

I propose slots as the solution (example with plating):

• Titanium Electroplating Tech
    • Plating slot unlocked
    • Titanium slotable to any plating module
  • Adamantium Electroplating Tech
    • Plating slot unlocked (if not already unlocked)
    • Adamantium slotable to any plating module
  • Interleaved Orichalcix Tech >
    • Plating slot unlocked (if not already unlocked)
    • Orichalcix slotable to any plating module

Then you could still make Improved Reactive Plating at 328hp/53def/0.01xp if you slot Titanium, but also be able to make a 328hp/53def/10%crewdef or a 328hp/53def/0.5repair if you slot Adamantium or Orichalcix respectively.

And you could also make a 480hp/100def/0.01xp Extreme Impenetrable Plating if you slot it with Titanium.

This would apply to weapons and shielding as well so that you could personalize your fleets better and more efficiently and cost effectively.

Now of course building on this:

• Maybe there could also be multiple slots unlocked...
  • Or a -Slider- option for improved effects ex. (2 titanium/module = 0.01xp ~ 10 titanium = 0.05xp) which increases the cost per module, which obviously can get costly, but is a benefit for those with the resouces...

Just thought it could be much more interesting to play around with added effects for fleet building without sacrificing so much like we do currently!