Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Hacking Relay Satellites for unpopulated Systems

ResearchSystem ManagementNarrativeMajor Factions

6 years ago
Mar 8, 2019, 11:35:57 AM

If i want to cross the galaxy as Umbral Choir, i either have to find/assimilate a conveniently placed minor faction or invade a foreign system. 

Create Sancturay, create next sanctuary, kill first sanctuary is a rather un-inspired, time consuming frog-leap strategy to get remote colonies. 

Why not have a satellite/relay system to chainlink to new systems? 

1. Reasearchable Technology
  2. Like Backdoors they take up bandwidth, but u can install them in orbit to relay through uninhabitated systems. 
  3. Other players can see/manipulate them, since they are visible artificial objects in an otherwise "pure" system & maybe piggyback on existing hardware if it´s not protected/firewalled
  4. Like Migration Transmitters they should take some time to set up before they allow full-speed throughput (like they must be "physically aligned" to each other)
  5. They allow backtracing
  6. After reasearching late game "Quantum entanglement theory" they allow communication between each other apart from existing starlanes/wormholes.
    1. With the need to connect to the first/last relay of "Quantum network" in a more "physical" way so it's not too convenient
  7. They could also serve as an explanation of how the Choir is able to sack ressources from sanctuaries/control them/place ships there
  8. I would REALLY like to see some kind of visible connection between my systems, to symbolize the flowing rivers of data...

Edit1: I just found that Help request which i want to point out to you: "https://www.games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/68-game-help/threads/32909-hacking-defense#post-279666"

Especially:

gap81 & MeatPopsicle.

Maybe let Systems have a "Beacon/Transmitter" kind of thing from the start, and "Remote Hacking" and "Ship-Module Hacking" interacts with it.

Edit2: The Internet of the Galaxy. With the new faction as the ISP...

Thank u for reading! I hope that Idea provided some food for thought to you & I ask you to leave a comment with your insights and ideas!

BTW: We need a "hacking" category...

Updated 6 days ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Mar 28, 2019, 4:57:42 PM
i had one game where i was placed at the end of a noddle

had to spend lots of time to get to a nice system but another player took the planet before i could get there so i had to put a sleeper instead :/
There were lots of nice planets too, also the player that took the planet was the trees so if i took it faster feels unbalanced towards the trees

i dont like noodles dose not give much choice or strategic options

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment