Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Let us define a default construction queue

System ManagementScreen

6 years ago
Mar 17, 2019, 2:31:15 PM

When managing newly aquired systems I find myself mostly putting the same system improvements into the queue in the same order. Same goes for existing systems when unlocking new technologies. I know there is some kind of automatic management, but I don't find it very effective, because it places only one system improvement into an empty queue and in most cases I don't want to focus on a certain direction (food, dust, ...) - or at least do it in my own way.

So I think it would be really nice if we could have some kind of "default queue" view (maybe as a new tab in the empire management screen). There we should be able to place unlocked system improvements (except unique improvements and wonders) in a standard build order we like. 

Then we need two (but at least the first) new buttons: 

1st: On system view: "Apply default queue" -> moves all available system improvements into the build queue in the order defined by the default queue. Elements that already are in the queue should be left unchanged (except infinite improvements, those need to be moved to the buttom). Improvements that are not available (already built/queued, not useable in a specific system (like miners union without strat. resources) or too expensive) should obviously not be applied. Same for improvements that are not used in the default queue. 

The same button could be added to the system list in the empire screen. In both cases it could be next to the auto-management selection or even a part of it. 

2nd: On the new "default queue" view: "Apply to all systems" -> Basically applies the default build order to all systems as described above. Here we have to think about how to handle improvements with resource costs that exceed the current amount of a certain resource. Maybe show a warning and/or skip the expensive improments. 

I think this would make managing a large number of systems much easier without taking too much away from the players. Remember: Some things like colonising, planet specializations, and terraforming must still be queued manually. You may also have to think about resource expensive improments yourself, if you can't afford them in every system. And after applying the default order you can still move improvements in the queue around to adapt to special cases. 

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
5 years ago
Mar 28, 2019, 4:54:03 PM

Good idea but feels strange having a standard order and pattern to a game about strategy.
on another note, they could also improve the automation to add more then 1 item at a time. They could expand with certain build paths (more automation options) or have some basic intelegance to say whats good for a system. Again taking out strategy, but they need to add more choice and descisions to the game to make it more strategic instead of waiting, which could be done with build paths (same as choosing what items to build) (so really i mean we need more choice with what to build and more cut out paths we cant take).

I also spend a lot of time late game just choosing what to build etc, going though all planets and it gets annoying:/

0Send private message
5 years ago
Mar 31, 2019, 6:04:51 AM

actually i think it's logic to have that feature in a game like that

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment