I used to play Star Trek: Birth of the Federation and it was one of my all-time favorite games as a 4x game can be. Two of the races that they had were The Romulans and the Cardassian who used sneaky tactics to accomplish their goals. Romulans had stealth ships that were good for 1st shot sneak attacks and used spies to infiltrate and subvert minor races and cause disruption to the other players by stealing/destroying ships, stealing credits, sowing discord among the others. Cardassians had the same form without the stealth and the ships were just big brutes. Slow and hard hitting. I really enjoyed the spies though because they could make up for your weak areas. Steal science if you needed or blow up the facilities of the others to slow them down. I still laugh at a game where I was playing the Klingons and my friend was Ferengi and another was Romulans. We had a huge battle and I had one ship that had managed to survive and was instantly granted legendary status and the next turn was stolen by my other friend.