Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
8 years ago
Feb 8, 2017, 2:54:41 PM

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but will there be any plans to implement battles with more then 2 factions doing the combat? For example if the UE and Sophons are in an alliance and both are at war with the Cravers. All 3 factions have fleets in a single system and a battle initiates will it be possible to see the alliance factions team up against the Cravers? I know that the CP needs to be balanced so it could be done like this say the cravers have 3 fleets all 3 have 23/23 max CP. The UE and the Sophons have one fleet each 23/23. Therefore when the battle begins the UE and Sophon Fleets combine but it will still equal the Cravers fleet since it will be 23/23UE and 23/23Sophons VS 23/23Cravers 1st fleet and 23/23Cravers 2nd fleet. This way the combat will not be unbalanced since the CP values are still equal, its just that the rate of attrition will be higher for the Cravers which can be one of the benefits of being in an alliance. 

Seeing more than one faction fight in a battle, is that possible? I think perhaps options to ask for or be asked for assistance in the diplomacy, create alliance target systems and objectives is also a feature that would add depth. 

Perhaps have a coalition fleet which is under the control of who ever gets the most votes out of the people in the alliance (can use influence to push vote). This fleet will have ships from every member of the alliance. For example if the coalition consist of 3 factions the coalition fleet will contain CP from each faction but be under the control of whom ever has the most influence to influence the votes in the coalition. The fleets can be repaired and upgraded in alliance space.

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

As Jhell already mentioned, we won't be able to implement this idea as requested, so I'm setting it to Out of Vision.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
8 years ago
Feb 8, 2017, 5:31:41 PM

That could also be a possibility for the reinforcement option which is not implemented yet: one faction is leading the attack and the ally is providing reinforcement. This way, no vote is required.

Updated 8 years ago.
0Send private message
8 years ago
Feb 8, 2017, 6:27:51 PM

Will this reinforcement option will allow us to see more than 2 Faction's ships on screen in battle at the same time?

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 25, 2017, 6:46:52 PM

Good idea I up vote it.
An election systeme to decide which faction lead the fight and the possibility to re-arrange-select which fleets would be involved would also be a progressive view for an update.

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Aug 28, 2017, 5:13:49 PM

I had the exact same idea and I'm glad someone mentioned it first. This would be a great addition. I don't think the CP should be an issue; if I as the Sophones and the Unfallen (in an alliance) each have a fleet in a system, then it doesn't matter that our combined CP is higher than the enemy. We would have attacked him separately anyway. I think what would make this realistic is that both fleets need to have the option to attack (I forgot what that attack point thing is called), and the alliance member should allow combined forces. 

While on the topic of alliances, it would be nice if the importance of it is increased. Empires should be more prone to join alliances, which could lead to some interesting splits. One more thing, although the veto options are nice, it would be nice to have some multilateral discussions when discussing peace and war. Honestly I'm not sure how this can be implemented, but somehow negotiating with your allies before you make war or peace would be very good.

0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

jhell

DEV jhell

status updated 7 years ago

We won't be able to do exactly what you suggest due to technical and performance limitations, but we might have other options.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

As Jhell already mentioned, we won't be able to implement this idea as requested, so I'm setting it to Out of Vision.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment