Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Make War, not Consume

Population

7 years ago
Mar 21, 2017, 7:08:40 PM

Make Cravers not consume the planet after conquering it with another race.

BTW.
Why do Cravers still devour the planet if another race supervises it? Ok, their society is locust-like and that is their main mechanic. But after conquering a planet, they shouldn’t keep doing that. I mean, the new Government wouldn’t let them do it.

They would be able to integrate into the new system. After all, they are on the pictures as well. They are walking on the streets, they take up 5 spaces on the bus, they bro fists Sophons, they are in the media, etc. You don’t see them consume half the park in-between shifts. The pictures show that they are capable of integrating, then they don’t have to devour the planet.

They should lose the %150 FIDSI bonus together with the planet depletion effect.
And gain the +15 manpower per turn effect.
The collection bonus should be militarist at 10, 20% troops damage on empire at 20, and a special craver ground attack tactic at 50.
After all, they are made to fight.

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We agree that Cravers are a big problem to manage for other empires after conquering them, I'm afraid at this is out of scope. A lesson learned for future projects.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 7, 2017, 6:55:21 AM

Either let us integrate the scum, or let us purge them. Either way, don't leave us hanging. (Better yet let us do both, at the same time! I love the xenos, but some of them have to die, for the greater good... I'm looking at you food-based minor factions.)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 11, 2018, 11:54:53 PM

i agree too. maybe through craver population quest chain rework, we can integrate craver's planet devouring instinct(like uses cravers as short-term exploiting labor or soldier thing)

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 18, 2018, 1:37:25 AM

Give us an option sell them back to the Cravers after the war is over

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 18, 2018, 5:17:31 PM

I agree that something could be done. I lost a planet to the Cravers and then re-took it some time later and it had Craver pops. The only way to get rid of them was to put them on a ship to a full system and have them get stuck in orbit. It's easier to do that than have your planet devoured, but I don't feel like I should have to rely on quite such a cheesy workaround.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 19, 2018, 10:52:05 PM

Yopp GibletHead, I doo that to.
But I want to make use of them. Because in this moment they are a pain in the neck for the non Craver players.

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 21, 2018, 11:11:10 AM

The whole "Consume" mechanic is unique to the Cravers, moreso then even the "Slavedriver" thing. It is in their Pop Trait, their Pop Collection, their Heroes Species Traits.

And the 50 pop collection is huge. +1% Army and Ship damage per Consumed Planet. And you can fully use that as conqueror, if you can get at least 50 pops (before extermination starts).

That being said, nothing prevents you from making your own variant of the Cravers. Modifications:
Slavedrivers affinity can stay
I would replace "Extreme Foremen" with "Meritrocratic Cosmopolitans". Same cost, pretty similar effect. Indeed a FIDSI bonus is what you get from Boosting that speecies or genesplicing it as Horatio.
There is really only one collection for Militarists. At all. I guess just keeping a incomplet one (without Consumption bonus) or picking None would work.
The one thing you will loose is the Autocracy. But the "can not rebel" bonus is pretty useless, considering they still suffer full penalty to food production from low happiness.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 23, 2018, 2:08:50 AM

I think it's a big problem right now with games that include Cravers; we can't get rid of them (unless we uncolonize the world they are on) or turn their consumption off. When Cravers are conquered by a non-Craver empire, they should lose their extra consumption (because it's very undesirable if you don't plan on invading the whole galaxy). 

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 23, 2018, 7:52:27 AM

Yeah. The way I see it is thus: Let's say I take over a planet which has a craver population. - I'm not sure how much a pop counts for, but a billion individuals seems about right based on how many you can fit on a planet. - Now my government is in charge and they move in a bigger population, and the cravers are in the minority.

At this point, my lot really aren't very keen on the Cravers demolishing the planet. If it's not illegal already, they're going to make it so. I think at this point it becomes hard for Cravers to keep depleting the planet. - Before it was a government-sanctioned method of generating resources. Now it's illegal and you're doing it for - what, to generate resources for a government that you don't agree with? It's not worth it, surely?

So, the Cravers either stop, or are incarcerated or put to death if you can't make them stop any other way. I'm certainly going to prefer one of these options to the cravers continuing to rip my planets apart under my watch.

So, from my own RP perspective it seems like they shouldn't be able to do that.

[edit] I just noticed that the second comment here would be about making it a law. That would work with this idea, although those law slots are rather precious... [/edit]

Updated 7 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

jhell

DEV jhell

status updated 7 years ago

Interesting idea! Not a priority for the moment but we'd certainly like to get to it eventually.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We agree that Cravers are a big problem to manage for other empires after conquering them, I'm afraid at this is out of scope. A lesson learned for future projects.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment