Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Cosmetic fleet customisation

Space BattlesShip DesignModdingMajor Factions

7 years ago
Apr 15, 2017, 5:38:38 AM

Imagine a multiplayer game. Many people are playing and it is midgame. Everyone are afraid of a Craver empire that consumes the whole galaxy. But it wouldn't be a terrifying story if only they weren't painted bright pink...

Fleet colouring was always one of my dreams. Mostly for custom factions. Sometimes when you create your own faction you are unable to find the ship/army models that you want your faction to use. Creating new models is very difficult but changing the existing models just a bit isn't so difficult. 

What I'm speaking about is an ingame editor that gives user the ability to change the existing fleets. Somewhat similar to SPORE. You have several templates ( like sripes/hexagons/waves) and colours for different parts of the ship . So that you can make the UE fleet white with blue stripes or dark sophons or pink cravers.

This will definately make the multiplayer with custom factions way more different and interesting. This will also provide modders with new tools and make steam workshop more active.

Updated 2 months ago.
0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

As Dagart mentioned, the way ships for ES2 are created unfortunately does not work well with this level of customization, so I am afraid this idea won't make it into ES2.

We are keeping it wishlisted as a reminder for future projects, though.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
May 25, 2017, 9:52:50 AM

Would be a nice feature to allow players to customise their fleets, even if only slightly. Hell, if they only went as far to include a section for player colours on the ships too that would be nice!

0Send private message
0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

Dagart

DEV Dagart

status updated 7 years ago

it is something we wanted to do, but we had to drop it as it has quite a big impact on how we create our ships. Yet we should keep an eye on it see if we have the time to do it sometime down the road...
0Send private message
0Send private message
6 years ago
Apr 15, 2018, 11:36:10 AM

It would be really great to be able to customize a little our ships.

I know that changing the shape would be harder to make, but at least if we could add some stripes, logos, colors, patterns... It would be great.

0Send private message

Wishlisted

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

As Dagart mentioned, the way ships for ES2 are created unfortunately does not work well with this level of customization, so I am afraid this idea won't make it into ES2.

We are keeping it wishlisted as a reminder for future projects, though.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment