Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
7 years ago
May 29, 2017, 12:23:11 PM

The only way to gain the ressources is by colonising systems.

But that on the other hand works against you when you reach the "Overcolonisation-Approval-Penalty"  So you have to consider if you raze one of your systems. That results automaticly in a Strategic/Luxury Ressource loss.

To compensate that we think a Mining Outpost should be added to the game.

The Mining Outpost takes some turns until it is finished, same as a normal colonising ship, but is will not count as a Colonised Planet and so won't increase the "Over-Colonisation" Limit!

A Mining Outpost can be created by a "Coloniser Ship" that has a "Mining Factory Module" installed, which again is a Tier 4 Tech.

The Mining Outpost extracts vital ressources without colonising the entire Systems, BUT the amount of Ressources you gain cannot be changed by any System Improvement since you DO NOT colonise the System.

So if you get only 1 Hyperion and 3 Jadonyx you are not able to increase the amount with a "Mining Outpost".

It also is not able to generate any FIDSI by itself and thus needs FID (Food, Industry, Dust) provided by one of the Players colonised Planets as long as the Mining Outpost exist.

The Mining Outpost can be destroyed by enemy fleets, even if it contains only one ship, since the Outpost has no defenses. So you better send some Ships to protect your operation.

I want to thank Vzzdak and Kareal for providing me with a different Point of View.

As always tell me what you think about it.

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

While not outposts, we have implemented the ability to mine resources on systems you do not own through the Behemoths.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
?

Click here to login

Comment