Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

A unique Diplomacy Victory where every surviving empire is in alliance.

VictoryPoliticsDiplomacy

7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 6:22:35 PM

A Diplomacy Victory where every empire is in alliance and effectively "wins" in terms of the final result screen. However there could be a hidden metric for which empire was doing the most to make this peace happen and they could be featured at the end of a custom cinematic or similar.  It would also be interesting if the final phase of this victory condition involved every empire making an extreme or risky sacrifice that could incentivize last minute betrayal.

Updated 10 days ago.
0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We have implemented a Shared Victory in which an alliance can win together by reaching (slightly increased) victory conditions of the other victory types.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 6:28:13 PM

Get my vote.

Like your addition: the empira that contributes the most is the "winner" or akin. This makes an interesting combe, where none is defeated, but the one that has been more time in alliances, proposed it first or could made more diplomatic agreements is recognized as "winner" by other players

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 9:16:15 PM

I like this one; I was thinking this earlier when I was reflecting on the new mechanics of alliance and the improved scope for team play and allied victory (as compared to Endless Legend). I think there needs to be more to it than simply gathering everyone into alliance, however, otherwise it'd be fairly easy to cheese with the AI and be uncompetitive in multiplayer.. Perhaps all empires need to be in research/trade agreements too, or the galaxy needs to have avoided any kind of conflict for a given number of turns. Players need to consider their ability to win victory conditions independently during this time, which would put the alliance to the test.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 9:40:02 PM

Yeah, there definitely needs to be enough moving parts that one would have to actively work for this and I definitely agree that it should be time-consuming enough that other victory conditions coming up should be a sore temptation for any individual member.

I'm even okay with this being a rare or not-terribly-viable victory condition (especially competitively), but more something that makes for interesting emergent storytelling. 

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 1, 2017, 9:59:06 PM

This is such a good idea. It's actually very unique and get's the player to think different when apporaching the game, which is what different victory types should challenge players to do. I love it.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 2, 2017, 8:17:32 AM

Is it not already domination victory? You can achieve economic victory as an alliance, so why not others?

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 2, 2017, 2:44:33 PM

I was thinking about this gameplay style the other day too.  Think of it almost as a Cold War victory. No one can attack anyone, else mutually assured destruction occurs. Or think of it as the Utopia where all political gameplay and deception must lie below the surface and remain undetectable, or at the very least unproveable.

This would be a fun alternate to add in.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 2, 2017, 4:56:39 PM
NovaBlazer wrote:

I was thinking about this gameplay style the other day too.  Think of it almost as a Cold War victory. No one can attack anyone, else mutually assured destruction occurs. Or think of it as the Utopia where all political gameplay and deception must lie below the surface and remain undetectable, or at the very least unproveable.

This would be a fun alternate to add in.

Bingo, you got where I'm going with this line of thought. This sort of "Game of Thones"-y stuff needs to happen emergently in 4X more often I think.  :D

With a potential Happy End for those who genuinely have plans to make the galaxy a big cuddle party.  

0Send private message

Nice to have

The NICE TO HAVE status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

0Send private message

Implemented

The IMPLEMENTED status designates ideas that have been implemented in the game.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

We have implemented a Shared Victory in which an alliance can win together by reaching (slightly increased) victory conditions of the other victory types.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment