Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Consequences of a long siege and using "preemptive bombing"

MilitarySystem Management

7 years ago
Jun 5, 2017, 4:07:56 PM

At this moment in the game, siege and bombardment haven't effect on the state of the planets. I propose to introduce damages depending on the duration of the siege and the frequency of using the bombardment in ground battles. The picture shows examples of such effects. Effects can be eliminated by an appropriate project, but some will have an eternal effect and the project will only weaken the impact. Light damage will ends over time (they can still be eliminated by the project), and the effect of heavier ones will be removed only with the help of the project.

Also, the proposed effects can be used as ordinary anomalies. The evidence of ancient wars is so to speak.

Sorry for my english.

Updated 4 days ago.
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Though we have relics created after particulary large ground battles now, I don't think these entirely satisfy what this idea is suggestion. The more permanent anomalies after ground battles are unfortunately out of scope/vision for ES2 at this stage.

Comments

Copied to clipboard!
7 years ago
Jun 6, 2017, 3:13:34 PM

Damn, another great idea. It's like the Craver planets after they've been stripped to the bones.

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 7, 2017, 7:19:10 AM

Very nice, although they seem a tad bit too harsh. The bulk debuffs would make a system impossible to colonise from the beginning without heavy buyouts, and things they simulate would, in many cases, be no worse than colonising your average barren planet. I therefore propose that terraforming should be able to fix almost anything, although the cost might very well be insurmountable to most empires. (Throwing enough money at something is bound to solve it.)

0Send private message
7 years ago
Jun 9, 2017, 6:58:56 AM

This and your other ideas seem really interesting and would really improve the mechanics of Invasion and Bombardment.

0Send private message

Wishlisted

The WISHLISTED status is given by the dev team to ideas they would like to have in the game.

Dagart

DEV Dagart

status updated 7 years ago

very interesting we'll keep it in mind for our ground battle improvements!
0Send private message
7 years ago
Jan 27, 2018, 12:50:44 AM

A mod implementing all of your ideas would make this game even more awesome !!!

0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 7, 2018, 10:27:26 AM

Hmm , i had seen most of your ideals and i much say its very impressed , if all of your ideals could become real (with some edit from the dev ofc) then ES2 maybe become one of the most complex but good 4x lately, keep up the good work man im with you

0Send private message
0Send private message
7 years ago
Feb 16, 2018, 6:02:48 AM

its Good idea

0Send private message
0Send private message

Out of Vision

The OUT OF VISION status is given by the dev team to ideas that are not compatible with their vision of the game or technically not feasible.

The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

DEV The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales

status updated 5 years ago

Though we have relics created after particulary large ground battles now, I don't think these entirely satisfy what this idea is suggestion. The more permanent anomalies after ground battles are unfortunately out of scope/vision for ES2 at this stage.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment