Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[G2G-suggestion] Design Your Own DLC, and get it free!

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 8:07:26 PM
A thought about custom races and mods I had while thinking about DLC.

If a player creates content as a mod which is of such a good quality that it could be used as DLC, They get the content FREE, and listed as the designer of said content permanently in the game, similar to how Emperor rank testers get their names in the credits.

Even if the DLC is still free in this game, as part of the G2G policy, I like the idea of people getting recognised for the truly stellar mods that become downloadable content everyone in the game is using from then on.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 8:31:04 PM
Honestly this is something I have wished to see in games for a while but to be honest it would likely require some 3d modeling experience to send samples or some really good concept art. The good new is that I've been darting around the forums quite a bit today and it seems modding is going to be a fairly integral part of the game. So as long as they make it so that modders have the ability to add models without overwriting the default models of the defaul races you're pretty much getting this feature through the game community.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 3, 2012, 9:34:00 PM
Gouken20xx wrote:
A thought about custom races and mods I had while thinking about DLC.

If a player creates content as a mod which is of such a good quality that it could be used as DLC, They get the content FREE, and listed as the designer of said content permanently in the game, similar to how Emperor rank testers get their names in the credits.

Even if the DLC is still free in this game, as part of the G2G policy, I like the idea of people getting recognised for the truly stellar mods that become downloadable content everyone in the game is using from then on.

Just as an added notion: For each faction in the game so far there have been contests to include a hero. Three community submitted heroes were chosen by the devs and then voted on by the community, so far. They've already been included in the game for United Empire, Cravers and Horatio, I think. Sophons hero competition is currently running.

Also a faction contest where you can propose your own faction with lore and everything is still running.

You might want to contribute there, first, before trying to make a complete DLC. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 31, 2012, 11:24:05 PM
I agree there's been a lot of community contributed content, which is pretty much, I have to admit, what I was talking about.

The point I'm making is, WHEN the game gets to the final stages of beta, and the only way to add anything more IS DLC, those people who spend time and/or G2G points in giving us that DLC deserve something back.

I'm never going to make a whole DLC package. I'm great at lore, but rubbish at programming, modelling or art. You want me to create a faction, sure, but I'd only make the building blocks, and leave the rest to everyone else.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment