Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Nerfing Missles ?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 11:40:36 PM
Can you please nerf missles, because it seems something is up, whenever I send my fleet into battle, my ships get raped by misslespam when I have far superior technology the AI just sends in one barrage of missles from a small scout/cruiser class ship against my capital ships then boom, all over....

If this isnt happening with others can you tell me what im doing wrong ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:40:28 AM
Do you use Flak? If you don't use a heavy Flak defense you are doing it wrong. Missiles are supposed to be stronger than lasers and kinetic.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:48:15 AM
Well I thought that at first, but I have them almost maxed out 2 more levels, and I have quite a bit on my ships, and the Horatio are just destroying me entirely with their missles, O_O
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:55:22 AM
Missiles are the easiest thing in the world to counter, just put a half decent hero on the fleet along with pretty much any kind of flak in sufficient amounts...and you are immune.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:59:18 AM
Tried this, its still not working, after the first wave, my ships just get critical hit 1 hit killed .... :/
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 2:32:51 AM
Remember, as of v0.42.0, the text now reads: "...on one missile..."

I believe this means that 1 flak takes down maximum of 1 missile, so it doesn't matter how much additional intercept you got left. So, if you have 10 flak modules and the enemy has 20 1st tier missiles, at least 10 of those missiles will hit your ship.

Also, the third highest tier flak can take down the top tier missile--from the evasion and intercept numbers.

The results are that it is better to use the lowest tier flak you can get away with to get 1 flak block 1 missile, and stack more quantity of that flak module.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 2:53:13 AM
In addition to flak, switch to a weapon that kills the ships before they can fire on you. Missiles don't pop out until the second phase, right?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 5:17:58 AM
Unikraken wrote:
In addition to flak, switch to a weapon that kills the ships before they can fire on you. Missiles don't pop out until the second phase, right?

wrong.. missiles fire at 1st phase 50%, then it hits by 1st phase 99%... at least it's this way for me, I love build missiles!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 7:45:53 AM
ive never had a problem with missiles i don't even bother with defense modules i just stack lasers till my ships full them bam everythings dead before the 1st phase is over.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 8:25:30 AM
This is definitely a strategy discussion by now, not even remotely a design discussion. Moving it to the strategy guide section.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 7:55:27 PM
Nerf missiles = strategy discussion?

lol... I wonder where they find these moderators...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 8:16:19 PM
Seriously? Missiles? Your fleets are getting dominated by MISSILES?

You're gonna get obliterated by lasers man.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 1:44:02 PM
Yurixy wrote:
Nerf missiles = strategy discussion?

Indeed. This was so asynchronous to everything I read about theorycrafting so far, that it had to be put here. smiley: stickouttongue

Yurixy wrote:
lol... I wonder where they find these moderators...

McDonalds. In Greece. Warning: Insider joke.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment