Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] Random Events - Are some a bit too much?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 9:05:05 PM
IMO negative events are fine as they are, but I think they should be much rarer (along with positive ones), along with the addition of considerably weaker events that only affect certain factions or systems, e.g. A disease affects system BOB but you manage to contain it within 1 string range, which reduces Food (and maybe pop?), or a huge solar flare reduces temporarily sensor range of system ALICE. This would increase immersion and the general feeling that the galaxy is actually alive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 13, 2012, 7:27:46 PM
I really like the random events.

An improvement would be a timer on those to see how long the event lasts.

Second, when starting a new game the player should have an option on how often and how severe events can be; just like in "Space Empires".
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 10:05:29 PM
Syko32649 wrote:
Somebody addressed the posibility of turning off random events, but didn't see an answer. Is this an option somewhere? I haven't found it if there is.
That would be me. I finally checked for the option over the weekend but it wasn't there. I didn't think it was, but I had to be sure. >.>
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 12, 2012, 6:50:26 PM
Somebody addressed the posibility of turning off random events, but didn't see an answer. Is this an option somewhere? I haven't found it if there is.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 2:36:22 AM
Definitely, we really could use a how long they last or failing that, we could use some sort of icon that lets us know we are still under the effect.

otherwise this will end up in savescumming when the real damaging events hit you.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 11, 2012, 1:35:43 AM
I agree, the least that should be fixed is how long each of the events lasts, but making it less damaging and adding minor events would help greatly as well. I also find that the event box has me wondering "what damage has been inflicted now?"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 12:02:46 PM
Some events are location-specific, but the event doesn't tell where it takes place. This should be fixed. Also, it would nice, if there were some graphics or animations linked to them. Like the GNN- news reports from moo2.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 6:14:45 AM
Aureus wrote:
I think the current problem is that there are too few events, and those that do exist are immensely damaging. The really damaging ones, which we have now, can be left is if they only come up once in a blue moon and go away after a reasonable (and clearly stated!) number of terms.

In my opinion, there should more random minor events popping up. Things like a factory being damaged in a terrorist attack and resulting in a -5 industry penalty on a planet, or maybe a politician passing a decree/bill and increasing approval by +10. Things like this would make the game feel much more alive, as well as make people dread the 'event symbol' far less. I don't believe this would be too difficult to code in, since most if not all would just be the event text and the effect being triggered.

This, all of this +infinity smiley: approval.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 10, 2012, 5:57:23 AM
I think the current problem is that there are too few events, and those that do exist are immensely damaging. The really damaging ones, which we have now, can be left if they only come up once in a blue moon and go away after a reasonable (and clearly stated!) number of terms.

In my opinion, there should more random minor events popping up. Things like a factory being damaged in a terrorist attack and resulting in a -5 industry penalty on a planet, or maybe a politician passing a decree/bill and increasing approval by +10. Things like this would make the game feel much more alive, as well as make people dread the 'event symbol' far less. I don't believe this would be too difficult to code in, since most if not all would just be the event text and the effect being triggered.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 3:07:36 PM
I posted this here because of one game event that keeps catching the eye of myself and my friend that we feel makes the game suck a lot.

Engine Control Tech Fault Discovered

-50% Movement on Ships

That one event, just makes the game suck for everyone, when you need to make like 8 turns just to make it down a star lane, feels like crap and the game feels like you dont get anything done.

Just my opinion on the matter, open to all others.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 3:55:45 PM
It would be useful to know how long that they are supposed to last though surely? Perhaps then it would be possible to check if this fix has actually worked?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 3:50:18 PM
Patch just made random events not last forever. Things just got a little brighter.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 3:25:07 PM
Yeah, I had twenty-five turns (I believe) of pain with warships with two movement speed as the Sowers in my current game thanks to that hateful event. Argh. It finally quit, and thanks to the research of the +4 speed tech and the addition of a Pilot commander to my main fleet they were up to twelve movement speed. An enormous difference.

The negative events are far too severe and last way too long. I keep wanting to disable all random events, but keep forgetting to see if they added the option to.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 3:23:17 PM
Another one is the Supernova one that gives a -80% to Scanner range...

80% is a really big difference....
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment