Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Brain Damaged Tactics

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 4:58:53 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I see, there are some Startrek fans out there smiley: biggrin

Yeah, but nothing can be compared to Farscape!!!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 25, 2012, 6:48:25 AM
n18991c wrote:
Aren't we all a little brain damaged....? smiley: stickouttongue

Hurr durr herp derp!

Yep we are smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 25, 2012, 6:08:32 AM
Tredecim wrote:
So many topics on the forums, I already forgetting what I wanted to reply to which one... smiley: biggrin ([BrainDamaged] too?)

Aren't we all a little brain damaged....? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 24, 2012, 10:13:31 PM
n18991c wrote:
I can second that, ST can be entertaining but there are plenty of fish in the sea smiley: wink

Blub! <°''><

So many topics on the forums, I already forgetting what I wanted to reply to which one... smiley: biggrin

([BrainDamaged] too?)
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 24, 2012, 7:12:28 PM
Tredecim wrote:
For me it was meant to be like "nice, I read the books, but there is other cool stuff out there too" lol

I can second that, ST can be entertaining but there are plenty of fish in the sea smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 7:54:03 PM
n18991c wrote:
Was that statement of surprise one along the lines of "yeah startrek's cool count me in" or rather "ah well personally I prefer the series xyz..." ? smiley: stickouttongue

For me it was meant to be like "nice, I read the books, but there is other cool stuff out there too" lol
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 23, 2012, 7:27:27 PM
Meltreness wrote:
Fascinating!

Tredecim wrote:

Was that statement of surprise one along the lines of "yeah startrek's cool count me in" or rather "ah well personally I prefer the series xyz..." ? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 2:37:16 PM
Yeah it's very common in games. I think the first game I remember to use it was WarCraft III but against all damage-types. But for some strange reason they decided to use this strange approach here, that would simply cease to work if you could focus-fire.

And that was my point. You cannot introduce focus-fire without redoing how defenses work. You would always overload the defenses.

With a resistance-type-approach you could really have cool battles and a lot of room for mistakes to make. Like overdistributing fire (sending 3 ships on 1 where 2 would have been enough to kill it in one phase) or focussing on something with high resistance where you could have killed seveal other ships with no/low resistance.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 12:12:56 PM
Ail wrote:
This would require a rework of how defenses work.

Which would be a good thing anyways...

I'd suggest Defense-Modules to work like Armor and Magic-Resist-Items in League of Legends.

Once before each phase you should be able to assign your ships to their targets. And in single-player that should happen without time-pressure!

Hm, the target-picking seems to be a nice idea smiley: biggrin

And the resistance-idea have many games, not just LoL lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 22, 2012, 11:39:55 AM
This would require a rework of how defenses work.

Which would be a good thing anyways...

I'd suggest Defense-Modules to work like Armor and Magic-Resist-Items in League of Legends.

Once before each phase you should be able to assign your ships to their targets. And in single-player that should happen without time-pressure!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 11:26:54 AM
Are we EVER going to get the ability to use concentration of fire?!? I can't think of a more brain damaged "tactic" then to have your outnumbered or outgunned fleet spread it's fire over as many targets as possible so as to guarantee accomplishing absolutely NOTHING for the cost of a fleet. Never mind the brain damaged, slack-jawed, knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing troglodytes can't even be bothered to MAINTAIN target between volleys, much less rounds! I am so frigging sick of games leaving out the most basic and obvious tactics as concentrating fire in the face of superior odds. It is as mentioned, Brain Damaged!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 4:57:52 PM
Meltreness wrote:
Fascinating!

0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 4:53:58 PM
Cannot do it captain! their already at max!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 4:50:00 PM
The problem with focus fire is that it invalidates any defenses, the current combat system would allow for ships to easily be torn apart by such a tactic leading to wars of attrition.

In logical terms, if the enemy focused fire on a single ship your ships that are free would then be able to score much more accurate and powerful shots as you would be routing power from the ships defenses that aren't being used, spreading your fire ensures no one can step out of line in a battle in order to gain the upper hand.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 4:43:32 PM
Tredecim wrote:
Great, somebody to play Chess with smiley: biggrin

Yep, as it seems to me, Es is more focused in Managment than in Battle - but some combat features somewhen in the future would be nice, indeed!

The Devs said they will focus more on improving battles in the future, in some months this game will have plenty of additional combat options.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 1:07:48 PM
BlueTemplar wrote:
This is just a consequence of Endless Space focusing more on empire building than on combat. Adding various combat features such as ship focus fire takes work.

I prefer to consider it as a feature of the combat meanwhile, think of chess rules "Those pawns are brain damaged, they can't move back!".

Great, somebody to play Chess with smiley: biggrin

Yep, as it seems to me, Es is more focused in Managment than in Battle - but some combat features somewhen in the future would be nice, indeed!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Oct 21, 2012, 12:10:30 PM
This is just a consequence of Endless Space focusing more on empire building than on combat. Adding various combat features such as ship focus fire takes work.

I prefer to consider it as a feature of the combat meanwhile, think of chess rules "Those pawns are brain damaged, they can't move back!".
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment