Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

[Discussion] For Those Who Wanted More Faction Portraits

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 9:13:14 PM
Nosferatiel wrote:
You should extend that rather to:

"There doesnt seem to be a single xenophobic race in the game, yet.

Hissho slice Xenos, Cravers eat xenos, Sophons study xenos, Amoeba talk to xenos, Pilgrims bully xenos into trading with them, the United empire converts xenos to labor, the Sowers treat xenos as nuisance parameters and the Horatio replace Xenos with "better looking replacement clones"." smiley: stickouttongue

Gah, once again, your's is better than what I came up with. To the editing window!

Afflack wrote:
Is it just me or does the new Sheredyn logo not work for custom Sheredyn races?

I think there is a small bug affecting that right now, yes. However, if you have the Sheredyn faction selected and then click "Add" for a custom faction, you'll get their affinity and portrait. If you started on someone else and switch to the Sheredyn, you'll be stuck with Old Emperor.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 13, 2012, 5:49:12 AM
Mr.Spartan126 wrote:
A good idea would be to give addition portaits to existing heros. More flare for the look of heros. But thats my opinion.

Or at least just eliminate the duplicates. It's a little silly seeing two different names and backstories on identical-looking heroes.

Albeit, I also feel like this is just the mod-community being lazy, as we could fix it so damn easily. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 12, 2012, 4:42:43 PM
A good idea would be to give addition portaits to existing heros. More flare for the look of heros. But thats my opinion.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 6, 2012, 8:11:36 PM
I know. Still... Dare to dream, right? Hell, even the Automatons got their own Affinity. Seems like the least we could do is offer that to the Sheredyn. lol
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:22:12 PM
Oh, wow, this got revived...

Well, I haven't seen much of anything around about more faction portraits. We're definitely getting new Heroes, but, doesn't seem that way about Faction portraits. I wouldn't hold my break on new ships or a new affinity for the Sheredyn, though. They are just a group within the UE, and were only meant to be a special skin for people who get the Emperor Edition of the game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 6:16:46 AM
FinalStrigon wrote:
To update this, Steph'nie (and whoever is in charge of their Facebook page) gave up a picture of the Sheredyn leader:

Click Here to See!

And the Facebook page also confirmed that he'll be in hologram form for the diplomacy screen. So, even more hope for the possibility that we might get additional portraits and holograms for the create-a-faction too. Or, at least, the small hope that "official" new factions, perhaps like whichever one wins the contest or future DLC, might get a unique portrait and hologram as well.

Oh, that is so many kinds of cool. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear (More Sheredyn uniqueness). Now, custom ships and affinity, and we'll be all set!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 3, 2012, 3:30:50 AM
FinalStrigon wrote:
At least for custom factions, yeah, multiple portraits to choose from would be nice. I wouldn't want them to give options for the main factions, though. That's a set of some unneeded choices.

Assuming there are multiple possible portraits for each faction/species, it would be great if the AIs would revert to an alternate portrait to avoid duplicating the appearance of a player's leader. It seems rather disconcerting and potentially confusing to me to interact with a leader that looks exactly like your own (or somebody else's) in the same game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 25, 2012, 12:56:58 PM
To update this, Steph'nie (and whoever is in charge of their Facebook page) gave up a picture of the Sheredyn leader:

Click Here to See!

And the Facebook page also confirmed that he'll be in hologram form for the diplomacy screen. So, even more hope for the possibility that we might get additional portraits and holograms for the create-a-faction too. Or, at least, the small hope that "official" new factions, perhaps like whichever one wins the contest or future DLC, might get a unique portrait and hologram as well.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 22, 2012, 9:23:05 PM
More portraits to choose from would be nice, perhaps variations of the race portraits as they are now, or the ability to add you own custom portraits
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 12, 2012, 8:43:19 PM
The patch today gave the Sheredyn faction a new portrait. I like the guy, I really do. It's just a shame that the hologram in the diplomacy screen is still the old emperor of the UE...Hopefully they'll keep going with this and give the Sheredyn their own hologram with the next update.

So, this considered, I imagine the devs will have no issue giving us more portraits down the line, or modders being able to add their own in later, when modding tools are released.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 8:58:51 PM
Is it just me or does the new Sheredyn logo not work for custom Sheredyn races?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 8:50:57 PM
FinalStrigon wrote:
From Amplitude's Facebook page for Endless Space:

And...Right now, no. As the sig says, no races in Endless Space are xenophobic. They all have their own uses for alien races. smiley: stickouttongue

You should extend that rather to:

"There doesnt seem to be a single xenophobic race in the game, yet.

Hissho slice Xenos, Cravers eat xenos, Sophons study xenos, Amoeba talk to xenos, Pilgrims bully xenos into trading with them, the United empire converts xenos to labor, the Sowers treat xenos as nuisance parameters and the Horatio replace Xenos with "better looking replacement clones"." smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 12:18:45 PM
From Amplitude's Facebook page for Endless Space:

And...Right now, no. As the sig says, no races in Endless Space are xenophobic. They all have their own uses for alien races. smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 3:32:16 AM
Can you link a picture of said portrait? And also quick question about your signature.. Could you give me an example of a xenphobic race?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 2:35:27 AM
I have a strong feeling that they'll do all that eventually. If not, the modders certainly will. Some have been finding ways to let us do this already, and this is without the full modding set released yet.

So one way or another, we'll be able to build the custom factions that we want.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 2:31:28 AM
I really hope they do. As well as allowing to choose the affinity trait, ships style and portrait of our own choosing.

But since that's all just cosmetic... I can wait!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 1:59:42 AM
At least for custom factions, yeah, multiple portraits to choose from would be nice. I wouldn't want them to give options for the main factions, though. That's a set of some unneeded choices.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jul 13, 2012, 1:47:52 AM
It would be nice to have multiple pictures for each species to choose from.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment