logo amplifiers simplified

Toogle battle modes

Yes! War eternal war!
No! I am amoeba ^_^
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 1:43:20 AM
I actually like to watch panoramic battles. They are twice good in late game.

But there are reasons when it is not so good. Like total war with 5-10 battle for turn, manual battle with single purpose to retreat. Early game battles are boring.

I wish to discuss nesessity of toogle between full batle as it is now and shord card draw, when you dont what to wait 5 mins

"end phase"
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 7:44:21 AM
I don't see the problem with letting scouts die, past the early game you won't need them anyway.

So just auto-battle.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 8:46:23 AM
In a MP game with many players it tends to get annoying if everyone fights pirates oder little scouts in manual mode. All other players have to wait... A quick-manual-mode (with drawing cards) would be nice, maybe the host can make a setting and decide then...
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 9:11:23 AM
Very god idea!

In actual system should be a option "end phase" to confirm card select.

script:

1. select card,

2. confirm select card and CLICK "END PHASE" button,

3. if BOTH PLAYERS confirm END PHASE -> should be dev acceleration of animation and resolve phase,

4. Next PHASE : GOTO 1 until last phase or one fleet destroyed

5. if END of last PHASE or one FLEET DESTROYED -> END of BATTLE smiley: smile

simple and effective
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 9:13:11 PM
I must agree with both of the posts above me!

Dante's idea is good & the amobea options is funny/true smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 11:22:34 PM
MacDante wrote:
Very god idea!

In actual system should be a option "end phase" to confirm card select.

script:

1. select card,

2. confirm select card and CLICK "END PHASE" button,

3. if BOTH PLAYERS confirm END PHASE -> should be dev acceleration of animation and resolve phase,

4. Next PHASE : GOTO 1 until last phase or one fleet destroyed

5. if END of last PHASE or one FLEET DESTROYED -> END of BATTLE smiley: smile

simple and effective

Good option but I'd like a fast 2D option, doesn't even load the 3D cinematic. Pick your 3 cards, click done, get results. Sometimes I just really don't care too much (Hi scout ships, i'm talking about you), but I'd like to retreat, or spam defence/repair or w/e.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 14, 2012, 11:54:04 PM
Xanoth wrote:
Good option but I'd like a fast 2D option, doesn't even load the 3D cinematic. Pick your 3 cards, click done, get results. Sometimes I just really don't care too much (Hi scout ships, i'm talking about you), but I'd like to retreat, or spam defence/repair or w/e.

not agree a bitsmiley: smile

it is important to see how battle goes ( in term of damage) if you just pick 3 cards and press "ready" you will not be able to adjust cards if something strange will go. Also cards can be countered and you want explicitly contere themsmiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 12:19:01 AM
frakc wrote:
not agree a bitsmiley: smile

it is important to see how battle goes ( in term of damage) if you just pick 3 cards and press "ready" you will not be able to adjust cards if something strange will go. Also cards can be countered and you want explicitly contere themsmiley: smile

If I cared about that, I'd not have asked to be able to skip all those options.

90% of the time during combat, I pick 3 cards at the start during phase 1, alt tab out and read these forums. When combat is over I enter again for the next battle and repeat the process giving me several hours worth of forum browsing per game. I care so little because often only the first card matters and it either works or doesn't. I just want more control than auto, just so when it's an easy win I can spam repair, close win, end on a repair etc. lose badly retreat, lose somewhat badly offensive retreat, etc.

10% of the time, it matters and I'll think carefully on what card to play, adjust as needed or second guess and preemptively counter.

If it's 1 phase at a time with results shown, then fine but I still don't need to load to and from a 3D engine. Don't need or want to see that any more. It was great at first, it might be nice again after a while. But 100+ times per game, it gets excessive.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 3:11:44 PM
Well, with the new Polaris add-on, there will be a short auto battle option with card-draw.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 6:16:30 PM
you still need enter cinematic to retreatsmiley: smile

and i think that ai card draw is not so efective as manual
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment