Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Star System Effects

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 5:57:37 PM
Right now star systems are, by in large, fairly boring. The RNG effectively nullifies any significant change in the disposition of planets, once saw a friend get a system with two Jungles and an Arid right next to him on Old (he subsequently got utterly ripped to shreds as everyone focused him), so perhaps a mechanic whereby entire Star Systems have their own unique effects?

I've yet to think this through significantly but off the top of my head:

Extrasolar Star: This system is slowly drifting into the gravity well of a dense rogue star, the resulting gravitational disturbances are slowly tearing entire planets apart. However the rogue star has captured asteroids, moons and even other planets from across the galaxy, while they couldn't be termed as habitable they are a wealth of scientific information.

(-1 Population per Planet, +5% Science on Star System, +5% Dust on Star System, +10% Upkeep on Star System, +10% Cost of Improvements on System)

Thoughts?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 15, 2012, 7:10:41 PM
Over time, when more anomalies, more wonders, more unique system upgrades are added to the game, there will be more definition between stars. Just give it time, I think. More stuff is added all the time. The updates to the game have been thick and fast (certainly when compared to the opposition on the market - I'm looking at you Sword of the Stars, GRRR).
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 8:22:08 AM
Not doubting it, but this isn't a "YOU R NEED TO DO NAO OR I UNSUB TROLOL!" post.

Its a "I have an idea what do you think?" post.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 16, 2012, 10:25:42 AM
Yeah, this stuff will be coming. They wouldn't put all that detail onto types of stars unless they were planning to make it matter.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 21, 2012, 6:39:17 AM
In another thread someone was talking about the idea of adding Nebula's. other space anomaly's like this would be great.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 21, 2012, 11:30:21 AM
I havent give much thought before but system wide anomalys would be really nice addition effecting also the battles there like Nebulas. Also now that i am thinking of it, a system with no planets and just an anomaly that needs a specific station to be exploited would be nice too
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 21, 2012, 1:27:12 PM
I would love love LOVE to see star types have a distinct tactical advantage on all levels of gameplay (battle, trade, etc). Something that would really make THAT star worth having over THIS one, something to promote conflict (though not necessarily combat). Upvote/like/+++ take your pick smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 23, 2012, 12:37:07 AM
Agree, stuff like nebulae etc that force the player to factor in tactical and strategic considerations (and also add visual and overall gameplay fun) are really badly needed here. I thought the Devs' latest add-on would see to that but they only added background animations etc... Christ that was lame. Hope we'll see gameplay-affecting nebulae etc soon.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 24, 2012, 2:19:39 PM
Same was for me when i read about immersion. Was expecting something like the race intro as victory screen and not just a pic of my leader with and explosion in the back smiley: sad Also interactive races was expecting a race screen like Civ and not a small text i dont bother to read
0Send private message
12 years ago
Dec 25, 2012, 12:29:28 AM
Nomas wrote:
Same was for me when i read about immersion. Was expecting something like the race intro as victory screen and not just a pic of my leader with and explosion in the back smiley: sad Also interactive races was expecting a race screen like Civ and not a small text i dont bother to read

Tell me about it, what a huge let down smiley: sad
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment