Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Some thoughts on hero races, and an interesting middle ground

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 1:33:57 PM
Hey all!

So over the last month i have seen a LOT of threads and opinions about race specific heroes, people wanting only heroes of their race being allowed in their pool, and those who totally love the system as is. and while this is something purely for asthetics, and i can't see it being at the top of the dev's to do list, or even on it, i thought of an interesting method in which, even with out a "check box at game start" both issues can be remedied.

My thought is that, first, make at least one hero of every race with every possible variation of 2 hero class traits, for balance purposes, and then have your starting pool be locked to those races, and once you research something in the diplo tree like inter-species HR or something similar, it unlocks all the heroes to be added to your pool, this would kind of add an interesting realism/immersion to the game because having heroes from a race you haven;t even met yet is kind of odd, while having something like this, would really click well with the tone of the game, just a thought.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 4, 2013, 2:31:24 PM
Aesthetics or not, the absence of faction specific heroes in almost every single game is pure nonsense. As you clearly know, the problem is that the heroes for each races are not balanced, presence/absence of some check box makes no difference at all.smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 6, 2013, 8:09:28 PM
We need more heroes for Automatons and Sheryden first. after that, I agree that one should start with only their own heroes available, but I think a Pirate/Subfaction tech should be there, followed by one that opens up and non-playing race or expelled heroes from currently-playing races.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment