Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

should there be a way to neutralize enemy system?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 9:40:39 AM
see the only way to get rid of enemy outpost and colony is to invade and capture them which will make them into your own but with very negative effect since they not approval and accept you that much (ofc you just invaded their planet)

we should have a way just to neutralize it, let's say invade option is for capture but bombard is for get rid of it, that may make invasion mod much more useful?

i don't know, i rarely use invasion mod since with enough firepower on your fleet, you can invade it within 4-8 turn.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 11:31:17 AM
I would like it; I'd also like to have the ability to destroy entire systems, rendering them uninhabitable until a costly restoration is done (or something similar). That said the whole invading thing is really one-dimensional and should be improved.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 10, 2013, 1:18:16 PM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:
see the only way to get rid of enemy outpost and colony is to invade and capture them which will make them into your own but with very negative effect since they not approval and accept you that much (ofc you just invaded their planet)

we should have a way just to neutralize it, let's say invade option is for capture but bombard is for get rid of it, that may make invasion mod much more useful?

i don't know, i rarely use invasion mod since with enough firepower on your fleet, you can invade it within 4-8 turn.

absolutely, and its a nice playstyle when you only have a strong base of 10-20 systems.

like it!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 11, 2013, 12:00:31 AM
Agreed. I've had horatio expand to awful systems for the playstyle i'm going for, but I need to take it because it's blocking me from colonizing other systems. It's just odd though that I can't destroy the colony and leave the world, rather than be forced to take the approval hit and then deal with the new planet.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 15, 2013, 5:29:42 AM
seem like just having away to add negative abnormalities, like irradiated, would at least really slow it down. Or forceful aggressive terraforming to like barren.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 15, 2013, 5:54:40 PM
I agree with this. I would add that it should be possible to destroy an outpost early in the game, but require some technology improvement to destroy a fully developed colony or home system. Perhaps there could be a diplomatic penalty for committing genocide as well.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment