Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

How should/will fighters work?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 16, 2013, 7:34:35 PM
This is in discussion about the expansion. I'm just wondering how everyone thinks the fighters will work.

Personally I am hoping that there will be a carrier class that has huge discounts on adding hangers or fighters (however they decide to add fighters/bombers to a fleet). But I also want to be able to add a hanger or fighter squadron to something as small as a destroyer or corvette. Making a pocket carrier.

I imagine being able to add a single hanger to the corvette that holds one squadron, maybe not being able to add many weapons or armor to it then, but you can use it early game as support for a few other corvettes with more traditional weapons. And later you can get carriers that can hold several squadrons worth of fighters (maybe a destroyer could hold 2 if you don't have any weapons, 3 for cruiser, 4 for battleship, 5 for dreadnought, and 6 for a carrier. Of course as a carrier the 6 would still allow for a fair amount of defenses and support modules).

Of course there are other ways it could work out, depending on what the devs decide, like limiting fighters to carriers or just having each ship have a certain amount of space available to hold support craft.

Thoughts on how the final product will look like?
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment