Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Should expansion be rebalanced ?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 19, 2013, 3:41:19 PM
I have found that during my ES games that quick expansion often leads to defeat. The more you expand the less dust and 'happiness' you get from your population. I feel like you get punished for quickly expanding. Should the negative effects get toned down, at least early in the game ?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 19, 2013, 3:46:08 PM
I assume that is the point. I've never had any issue, you just have to find the balance in 'how fast is too fast' for expansion. I've rarely had issue in expansion. Whenever each of my system's reaches max population on their planet, I spawn a colony ship and go colonize another planet. I do this until I start smacking into the computer or my approval starts taking a significant hit. By then I should have some approval-boosting upgrades anyway, and I start building those.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 19, 2013, 5:18:52 PM
Yes, expansion should be rebalanced, but definitely the penalties for rapid expansion should be increased.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 19, 2013, 6:16:45 PM
yeah expansion should be rebalanced the OTHER WAY to what your thinking about :P

This is mostly because, whilst you get less dust and happiness, you get more science and territory. Also there should never be a time in which a colony set up shoudl be experiencing negative dust, so whilst you getting less, it's still a profit.

But yeah I already did an essay about all this in the other thread, so go to that one :P
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 19, 2013, 8:44:28 PM
No I dont think this needs to be reballanced, If your hitting the unhappiness wall and youve allready research casmir and the next expansionism reasearch... only colonize those planets wich have happiness modifiers like phyco active air ro metataentactogen
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment