Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Combat length

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jan 24, 2013, 5:39:16 AM
I have not been playing the game for that long but I find that battle aren't that long and just because they are down each others throats doesn't mean they wont stop shooting at each other.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 24, 2013, 12:41:51 PM
I could argue that because of Casimirs effect by the end of the melee stage both fleets agree to stop fighting otherwise it'd lead to both sides dying together, and no sane fleet commander would willingly have that happen, meaning that there is still some law and order among the most ruthless and cold-blooded aliens.

Alternatively I would argue that the game is balanced around this length of time and if it was changed not only would I auto all my battles because it feels too long as it is, but also from a gameplay perspective it would cause problems everywhere and would need a serious rebalance patch.

I did it! It took 100 posts but I finally spoke some science!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 25, 2013, 11:27:37 PM
As a newbie, I did most of my battles manually. However, now I have a few hundred hours up, I do almost every battle on auto.

Many battles are repetitive, especially when there is many fleets involved, and to make them longer would make them tedious.

So I'm definitely a fan of the current system for this.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jan 27, 2013, 5:21:21 PM
One thing I want is when you "auto" a battle it should still go through the long/medium/short range stages (each phase is instantaneous as soon as both players pick their cards of course), giving more of an opportunity to play counter cards and whatnot. It'd be an easy way to make combat more interactive without changing much at all.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 4, 2013, 8:51:38 PM
Dementophobic wrote:
One thing I want is when you "auto" a battle it should still go through the long/medium/short range stages (each phase is instantaneous as soon as both players pick their cards of course), giving more of an opportunity to play counter cards and whatnot. It'd be an easy way to make combat more interactive without changing much at all.

Wouldn't that take just as long time as the manual battles, without the animations?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 7:42:23 AM
Ahielia wrote:
Wouldn't that take just as long time as the manual battles, without the animations?

There could be a overall view of each phase. You see which cards were played, which ships were destroyed etc. Then you have time to react and play the card for the next phase, click on Next phase-button or something like this and then see what happens in the next phase.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 5, 2013, 5:31:02 PM
I also auto nearly every battle, exceptions are when I have a hero or am facing a hero or when I suspect the battle will be too close and I want to evaluate the prior phase before playing the next phase card.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Feb 8, 2013, 3:44:52 PM
i always auto if my fleet totally overpower the enemy fleet, only manual when enemy fleet happen to got Hero within or almost same strength as my fleet.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment