Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Multiple fights at the same time, timer still runs

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 8:23:50 AM
I found out the hard way in a game with AI that waging a multi-front war with timers is very hard.

Why? Getting prompts for orders to 10 battles at the same time, and then having all order timers run at the same time. Giving out the orders to 10 fleets in 60 or 30 seconds is not easy. Can it be made so that timer only starts when you bring up the orders window?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 8:51:55 AM
You can remove the battle timer for singleplayer and multiplayer in the advanced game settings, when you create a new game.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 12:08:49 PM
I am aware of that. I just wanted to bring up the issue of being unable or hindered severely on giving orders when sudden torrent of engagements come up. In addition picking manual control for a fight doesn't stop the order timers on other impending fleet engagements, is this an intentional choice?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 15, 2013, 3:45:54 PM
We want to keep this fast pace feeling for the multiplayer.

So, we decided to be quite binary: either you play with the timer, or you don't.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 11:12:19 AM
I kinda like the timer in multiplayer. Adds a level of drama to the battles and sometimes a bit of panic. It also allows a small strategic issue in that if 2 or 3 weaker players want to hit a vastly stronger player, multiple attacks, even if small and intended to instantly retreat, can overwhelm the defender.

which can be nice.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment