Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Is there any plans to change the blockade mechanics?

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Mar 31, 2013, 2:20:53 PM
I was wondering if the devs plans on changing how blockades affect the victim's systems in the expansion. I think it's a major problem in this game currently as being blockaded is really crippling; no trade, no ressources, and especially no research. It's been demonstrated by many veteran players here that mass blockading opponents is extremely effective at crippling opponents. It's especially obvious against the AI that just can't cope with it at all despite all it's bonuses. It's just too easy to do, and disproportinally effective.

I believe it should be changed for a fids output decrease instead, one that is scalled with how much forces you have put to blockade (and having friendly ships in orbit should decrease the effect). That way it would be much harder to effectively blockade several systems at once and less crippling for the victims unless the attack put a lot of effort in it.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 11:16:05 AM
I'm all for this... at the moment it's far too easy to finish off the AI after you've defeated their main fleets... it shouldn't be that easy.

I also agree a fids decrease seems the way to go... how about, say, a 5% reduction in science and dust, and a 2.5% reduction in industry and food, per turn of blockade? That would seem both realistic and fair.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 1, 2013, 2:06:16 PM
The_Quasar wrote:
I'm all for this... at the moment it's far too easy to finish off the AI after you've defeated their main fleets... it shouldn't be that easy.

I also agree a fids decrease seems the way to go... how about, say, a 5% reduction in science and dust, and a 2.5% reduction in industry and food, per turn of blockade? That would seem both realistic and fair.

I think that effect should be tied to how many CP you have in orbit (versus any defending fleet CP). That would be more realistic is it would take more than one ship to cripple a system economy; realistically, space is too vast for a single ship to block all civilian traffic by itself.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 2, 2013, 2:45:13 AM
I can't wait of the combat updates to fix all of our problems and add more depth.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment