Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

i wish to discuss a little about "Outpost"

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 11:17:40 PM
if something like this already exist then my apologize.

just something that happen to pass my mind when thinking about ES smiley: kiss

well...........it's "Outpost" why would it be able to construct every damn thing in Outpost stage? should it be limit to some of improvement? Should it have improvement that increase the time from being Outpost to Colony? when you have enough of Dust you can just slam it on and valla, hell hole system turn into paradise!!!

the Outpost stage should not be stage that ready for fully living down there but should be stage that prepare to be fully colony, defensive improvement should be more important or improvement that speed up the process for it to be fully colony, should we also have exploration stage in order to fully exploit the planet before we can slam everything in and dig everything out to use?

what's on your mind? let's voice it out smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 11:35:58 PM
Well outposts don't have the advantage of political influence and thus superior defence, and even problems with dust generation.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 4, 2013, 11:57:49 PM
Well, you're leading an advanced civilization, why wouldn't you have production capabilities on your colony ship to help speed up development. There is a war going on (cold war or otherwise), you don't have time to get cozy
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 5, 2013, 11:36:57 AM
how about an "advanced seed module"? unlike the normal one it carries 3 smiley: stickouttongueopulation: and upgrades to a colony in less than half the time. Thus you'd finaly have a reason to get that transport on the drawing board.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Apr 5, 2013, 12:39:59 PM
ya but i would like the improvement that speed up from Outpost stage to Colony stage since sometime you want that star system to be choke point, if the influence area not connect to the main empire then it still suffer some penalty, also the improvement that increase rate of ownership gain when you just taken that system.

Ca_Putt wrote:
how about an "advanced seed module"? unlike the normal one it carries 3 smiley: stickouttongueopulation: and upgrades to a colony in less than half the time. Thus you'd finaly have a reason to get that transport on the drawing board.

you can slam more than one seed module on any ship if it have enough tonnage to do, i mostly slam 2 seed module on colony ship.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 11:31:45 AM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:
ya but i would like the improvement that speed up from Outpost stage to Colony stage since sometime you want that star system to be choke point, if the influence area not connect to the main empire then it still suffer some penalty, also the improvement that increase rate of ownership gain when you just taken that system.

you can slam more than one seed module on any ship if it have enough tonnage to do, i mostly slam 2 seed module on colony ship.

So every seed module on the colony ship will generate an additional smiley: stickouttongueopulation: on the new planet?

I'm still new to Endless Space, so forgive the question, but when you build a colony ship, does it subtract population from that system?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 11:32:36 AM
freespace87 wrote:
So every seed module on the colony ship will generate an additional smiley: stickouttongueopulation: on the new planet?

I'm still new to Endless Space, so forgive the question, but when you build a colony ship, does it subtract population from that system?

Yes, it does. Population never comes for free. smiley: wink
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 11:44:19 AM
Nosferatiel wrote:
Yes, it does. Population never comes for free. smiley: wink

Otherwise we had much much MUCH more problems with over-population lol
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 11:49:27 AM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:

Well, once you discover the tech to bypass starlanes and wormholes, choke points don't exist per se. The stupid routing paths the A.I. uses and our inability to set way points in the vast emptiness between systems creates a scenario where choke points are still viable options. I'm not sure who I am agreeing with.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 26, 2013, 2:28:21 PM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:

It's only worth doing this if you have either a high population producing planet to provide the population (like a "Garden of Eden" planet), or if you really need to kickstart an important system. In this case, it might even be worth 2 colony ships, both with 2 seed modules.

Either way, having a colony ship with 2 seed modules available can be very useful at times.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 11:07:30 AM
Being able to spend Dust on a building that transforms the Outpost to Colony sooner might be unbalanced. However, a tech could be researched that affects all outposts and reduces the time required by a certain percentage.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Apr 30, 2013, 12:06:33 PM
FreedomFighterEx wrote:

mind=blown

Thanks for that tip! smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment