Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Distinguish Shps More

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 8, 2013, 10:41:37 PM
I've yet to find any real advantage over choosing the Battleship over the Cruiser. Currently my ship design the following Production, Hitpoints, and Tonnage are exactly the same. If the Battleship is suppose to have a % discount on Defense, I don't see it.

Cruiser:

Cost - 422

Tonnage - 239/250

Hitpints - 3500

Modules - 12 Weapons, 2 Shield, 3 Flak, 4 Armor, and 1 Engine

Battleship:

Cost - 489

Tonnage - 239/250

Hitpoints - 3500

Modules - 12 Weapons, 2 Shield, 3 Flak, 4 Armor, and 1 Engine

Even if I load each ship with Siege Modules maxed, which I normally do, they're exactly the same. That brings up some questions. Why does the Battleship only have a max tonnage of 250? It's bigger than the Cruiser. This is just another example why each new ship class should have 1 free non-weapon Module slot to use how we see fit. This would be an excellent way to distinguish each ship class. The Battleship should be able to fit 1 more non-weapon/defense Module.

I also noticed that the Battleship is suppose to have unlocked Special Modules, but there's no difference.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 8, 2013, 10:52:27 PM
Battleships move one parsec faster, have one more special slot and have a different hull bonus depending on what affinity you have. afaik they shouldn't have different costs unless that's the hull bonus you have. Cruisers and battleships are like corvettes and destroyers only one is slower than the other.

EDIT: that battleship clearly has one more special slot available. Slots and modules aren't the same thing, which can be confusing because special modules are the only things using special slots. Why? idk. Thatt hey are UE ships explains why the cruiser costs less, anyway, and that's the 15% industry discount to weapons that hull gets. The battleship instead has a 20% discount to both kinds of bomb module. One of them is clearly more efficient at fighting but that isn't necessarily the case with all factions.

Not that I'd necessarily mind a more thorough look at what the bonuses actually do for each hull. Some don't seem like they're very relevant.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 8, 2013, 11:14:10 PM
Shouldn't movement be seen in the ship design then? Otherwise you're not gonna no it's stats. I just assumed all ships were the same speed and that you could only increase movement by adding the Engine Module. I know you could have more Corvettes or Destroyers which lead to more Engine Modules in a fleet.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 8, 2013, 11:18:58 PM
On the little engine bit of the display, you can see the speed of the ship.

It's on the left.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 9, 2013, 8:13:40 AM
Igncom1 wrote:
On the little engine bit of the display, you can see the speed of the ship.

It's on the left.

Maybe it's a bug or a rounding error but when I've been checking them they've had a difference of one parsec. Here they are both the same. So idk but I do kind of doubt that battleships are meant to be faster. It seems senseless.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment