Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Are Wonders Too Wimpy?

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 3:02:30 PM
IMO, I feel like Wonders are too wimpy. I'd like to see them get like +10 or even +20 per pop bonuses on stuff. Right now, they feel too much like a Luxury Resource. Anyone else feel that way too? I feel like they should be the mecha of your system's development or something. Especially since they usually take forever to activate. When I'm playing and I see that an enemy has it, I don't say to myself "I have to have it". I feel like they should be the sole reason why the factions are are war anyways. Fighting over the Endless Wonders seems like the perfect storyline. Reminds me a little of the storyline from Babylon 5, but that show was great. And who wouldn't want to play a strategy game like Babylon 5?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 4:33:23 PM
For the moment I feel like the wonder bonuses are fine, both the natural ones and the artificial ones.

But of course Id like to see the extended to the possibility of being more strategically important militarily and economically, thus leading to bonuses diplomatically.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 15, 2013, 7:49:27 PM
I like the way they are now. They remind me of the wonders in Civ5, which give you a nice little bonus if you have them, but you're hardly suffering if you don't.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 16, 2013, 1:43:33 AM
I would prefer they were building type wonders such as civ rather than location ones. I would also like to see them increased in utility, far too many planet or system only bonuses, would like to see more empire ones.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 16, 2013, 12:03:56 PM
Advocate wrote:
I would prefer they were building type wonders such as civ rather than location ones. I would also like to see them increased in utility, far too many planet or system only bonuses, would like to see more empire ones.
Have you seen the e mipre wonders? The fleet wonders in particular are ridiculous.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 16, 2013, 7:50:16 PM
Probably not, only have 3-4 games under my belt and that was on small and medium galaxies. Good to hear that there are wonders that carry empire wide bonuses. Would still like to see some that are built though.
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jul 16, 2013, 9:45:05 PM
Autocthon wrote:
Have you seen the e mipre wonders? The fleet wonders in particular are ridiculous.

Was gonna ask which ones, but I wiki'ed it.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 1, 2013, 9:26:53 AM
I d like to see artifical wonders being able to be moved from system to system in order to make em more valuable. Many of the natural wonders give a flat bonus to the system but in order to make em real "wonders" I feel they should provide bonuses equal to resource-monopolies. That would ensure people scouting and fighting over wonders. As it stands I dont really care for them. Its nice if one of my system happens to have a wonder but I dont build my empire around them and dont consider them a factor in my winning. Thats a lil disappointing.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 2, 2013, 10:11:31 PM
I want 5x - 10x different wonders, so I do not see the same ones in every single game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 3, 2013, 1:30:36 AM
It would be nice if they open up prefab modding. That way it be possible to insert those 3D structures that correspond to each wonder. Then we can at least make mods with more endless wonders (without re-using old graphics).
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment