Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Non-starlane aka warp waypoints.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 1:39:48 AM
As the title states. We need a way to force travel from system A - B when not in starlanes via warp. I hate the pathing that the comp decides for me. It sucks!!!!

Since I'm already asking, let me ask for something else. When looking at the system management summery screen, can we please get more than 7 systems at a time. For some reason, I have to scroll past seven.

Thanks.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 4:36:10 AM
I agree with this one. It irks me whenever my ship won't free warp from A to B as long as either a starlane or wormhole exist between A to B, even though free warp would have been faster. Kinda goes against the concept of free warp.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 11:11:20 AM
Antera wrote:
I agree with this one. It irks me whenever my ship won't free warp from A to B as long as either a starlane or wormhole exist between A to B, even though free warp would have been faster. Kinda goes against the concept of free warp.
Yup. I'm not saying that I want to set 3 warp points between 2 star systems so my ships zigzags or something, but I'd like to see my ship travel according to the directions I give it. Not the pathing A.I.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 11:23:11 AM
Hold down ctrl when making movement commands.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 11:40:12 AM
^Yep, holding control forces the fleets to warp.

To my knowledge, I don't think that tip is listed anywhere in-game (correct me if I'm wrong). I also first learnt of it here on the forums!
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 1:31:54 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Hold down ctrl when making movement commands.

OMFG, where has this command been hiding!!!!

I'll test it tonight after work.

p.s. I drank another gallon of coffee this a.m.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 10, 2013, 10:39:36 PM
Apparently I'm having a different issue.

Let's say there's a system A and a system B with a starlane between them. Let's say you have a ship at A with 50 free warp movement but 1 starlane movement. If you hold down ctrl while clicking B, the game will force you to take the starlane even though you would spend way no longer to get there. If don't hold down ctrl while clicking B, the game will path you to another system that is not connected A via starlane. Same thing with wormhole.

This becomes obvious for a race that took minus movement trait or only research free warp boost. Also obvious late game when you're free warp is faster than many wormholes. (You would still have movement points left if free warp instead of taking the wormhole)

See picture, note the line on top showing when I had ctrl held.

0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 11, 2013, 11:46:08 AM
Yea, it's much better, but still the pathing is off. I wish we could just set our waypoints so the fleets travel the way we want them to.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 12, 2013, 8:39:22 AM
Hi there,

Using CTRL allow to force a specific path (which is longer than the one computed by the pathfinding) but if you want to create waypoints, you have to use SHIFT + RIGHT CLICK.

Cheers,
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 5:44:55 AM
Meedoc wrote:
Hi there,

Using CTRL allow to force a specific path (which is longer than the one computed by the pathfinding) but if you want to create waypoints, you have to use SHIFT + LEFT CLICK.

Cheers,

So, regarding that picture above, is it working as intended? Or is it a bug?

Also, I'm guessing you meant shift + right click?
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 8:47:09 AM
Yes it works as intended: CTRL forced the longer path while without it, it computed the shortest.

Also, I'm guessing you meant shift + right click?

That's what I wrote isn't it? smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 13, 2013, 10:46:31 PM
Meedoc wrote:
Yes it works as intended: CTRL forced the longer path while without it, it computed the shortest.

Interesting... but I'll argue that the computer is NOT taking the shortest path in that picture. It would have been quite a bit faster if it just free warp directly from A to B instead of A to C then C to B.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Aug 14, 2013, 8:35:43 AM
Unfortunately, the path find forbids to free warp between two system linked by a warp lane. It avoid confusion, it's also a drawback for ships focusing only on free move.

Cheers,
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment