Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Building defences while being seiged.

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Dec 15, 2013, 2:45:01 PM
I would like to see almost exploit stopped.I think you not should be able to do it while you are being bombarded from space.Defences should be a planning decision and not one based on who's fleet appears where.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Dec 25, 2013, 3:22:34 AM
Well it's like building walls in Civ5.

You can't stop production of a colony even while under siege, as that would have lots of very bad rebound effects where scout fleets would go around crippling empires.

But really I do feel like ES's current warfair mechanics are a little over complicated and arbitrary.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 2:48:56 AM
in my opinion if a planet stopped building defences during invasions then it'd be like the 13 colonies rolled over and surrendered when british invaded, wasn't any time to build defences then was there? still won one way or another... just with less resources. (expecting a history lesson.)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 6:52:43 PM
It's not building defenses that's annoying, it's that for most systems you can just buy out defenses since they don't need any special resource to build.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 7:13:39 PM
Perhaps change it that Buyout it not available during sieges/Blockade?

Seems strange that resources are prevented going through Blockades, and yet you can buyout whatever you can build. You don't have access to resources, but you somehow have access to the Dust that may have stemmed from elsewhere?
0Send private message
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 23, 2014, 11:26:46 PM
Igncom1 wrote:
Well it's like building walls in Civ5.

You can't stop production of a colony even while under siege, as that would have lots of very bad rebound effects where scout fleets would go around crippling empires.

But really I do feel like ES's current warfair mechanics are a little over complicated and arbitrary.

i have nothing to add
0Send private message
11 years ago
Jan 24, 2014, 2:02:58 AM
compare it to world war I on the western front, both sides trying to kill each other but they manage to dig huge trenches and make fortifications while constantly under attack

also, if they build system defenses just bomb them all with improvement bombs not the population ones.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 12:45:39 PM
Adventurer_Blitz wrote:
compare it to world war I on the western front, both sides trying to kill each other but they manage to dig huge trenches and make fortifications while constantly under attack

also, if they build system defenses just bomb them all with improvement bombs not the population ones.

That would not work with modern missile systems with air dominance in our time let alone future tech..We are talking about pin point precision beams.

As the poster says being able to rush build under blockage needs looking at.I find it somewhat silly to effectively end any chance of invasion with a click.It hurts the A.I a great deal.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 30, 2014, 12:53:20 PM
well while the sieging ships would probably be able to kill unprotected builders, quite a few of the improvements seem to be things that can be built inside. besides i would believe systems would be able to set up mini shields to protect important construction projects. however it is evident that no faction in endless space can be completely defended by an orbital bombardment.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment