Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Add Civil Wars

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Jun 19, 2014, 2:36:39 AM
I thought of this idea as I was about to play as Horatio faction. I thought what is stopping the clones from rebelling against the original Horatio. Then I thought about a particular mod I used for Civilization 4. In the Civ4 mod when a certain city reached a particular level of unhappiness they would break away from their original country and form their own new country. The new country would be at war with the original country by default and have a huge disapproval rating toward the original country.

I thought a similar feature could be added (with an on/off option) to both Endless Space and Legend (but I'll only talk about Endless Space). At a certain disapproval rating on a system that only applies to actual colonies (100% owned) after 20 turns of being colonies (the number is only an example) the colony could break away from their original faction (random probability that increases each turn they have a bad approval rating). The colony that breaks away could take up to 3 other systems surrounding it and any ships on any of those system that break away. The new faction would also have all the same faction bonuses as the original and at know all the same techs. It might be interesting if the faction bonuses of the new factions would be slightly different (only 90% exactly the same of original). I would also suggest that the original faction has an option to either be at war or peace with the new faction (although the two will never truly like each other). Also any enemy faction of the original faction would most likely be friends of the new faction that broke away (the enemy of my enemy is my friend concept).

Hope you understood all that.

Although this might be hard to add to the game it would be more realistic since civil wars were common in history and even in the future they wouldn't be any less common. It might also be an interesting addition and an incentive to keep the approval rating up.

(and I'd prefer if no one comment about how this game isn't realistic cause it's in the future or cause it's in an alternate reality that is different from our own, I know that)

(This could also be an interesting mod if not actually added to game.)
0Send private message
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 20, 2014, 9:24:23 PM
Id love a game mode where, instead of opposing empires, you start the game and as your empire grows and over time, the level of civil unrest grows, eventually spawning rebel empires from your own.

So you eventually fight against yourself and your empire to control the countless billions on your worlds.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment