Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Tree of Worlds discovered on gas giant...

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
10 years ago
Jun 1, 2014, 3:45:51 PM
It depends on how you play the game. But some of these 'wonders' on planets that don't make sense (like Tree of Wonder on Gas Giant.) break immersion for someone who is rp-ing in their game.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 27, 2014, 8:52:59 PM
is it the unluckiness or the question of whether or not it is realistic. as for the realistic part, it is possible an earth like planet could have higher or lower amounts of oxygen or maybe other gases in its atmosphere. The flora and fauna of other planets may be very different than our own and have other requirements. i.e. if there is a planet with a atmosphere with too low concentrations of oxygen but high enough amounts of another gas that is toxic for us but it is likely alien animals would be able to use it. the point is that we cannot rely on our experiences on earth to bias our judgement on the extraterrestrial.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 27, 2014, 6:54:20 PM
Tree of the Worlds on a gas giant doesn't bother me. Finding a Toxic Terran does!
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
11 years ago
Feb 5, 2014, 9:33:23 AM
Fired up the game again after almost a year, and look at what I found (in a newly started game):

0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 11:24:04 PM
Tredecim wrote:
I guess we can say for sure that some of the restrictions our world has to offer don't apply in ES smiley: biggrin Maybe it's an entirely new universe with different settings of physics / laws of physics smiley: biggrin

There is a planet made of Diamond somewhere that we have found so... whatever happens, happens. Also... ENDLESS can do what they want!
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 24, 2013, 5:22:26 PM
nexinex wrote:
Also I am not very fond of the way colonized gas giants look like - city lights and streets on the "surface"???! Come on, that's a gas giant.

The city "streets" you see in the gas giants are actually floating platforms.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 10:23:01 PM
Rakshae wrote:
It reminds me of the Polaris workshop I just found on a gas giant. What the hell is the ice cap resting on? It's like the planet's core is a tear drop or something.

It's best seen on a Helium... looks just like a christmas pudding! However, that may have been intended, too...
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 21, 2013, 1:03:49 AM
It reminds me of the Polaris workshop I just found on a gas giant. What the hell is the ice cap resting on? It's like the planet's core is a tear drop or something.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 4:08:24 PM
It's similar as to discover volcanoes on gas giants.

Perhaps the developers don't want to "nerf" them by limiting what can appear on them, but why not come up with some things unique for gas giants instead of illogical pitfalls like this?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 11:28:17 PM
nexinex wrote:
Also I am not very fond of the way colonized gas giants look like - city lights and streets on the "surface"???! Come on, that's a gas giant.

I imagine them to be giant floating city-platforms essentially "hovering" on the gases. Isn't that how Nal Hutta is from Star Wars? Or am I getting my lore all mixed up?
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 1:34:44 PM
I guess we can say for sure that some of the restrictions our world has to offer don't apply in ES smiley: biggrin Maybe it's an entirely new universe with different settings of physics / laws of physics smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 10:46:01 AM
AlexiaAtis wrote:
Also, I would love to find a Garden of Eden on a Barren world. Because irony :P

I only seem to be finding that wonder on tundra and arid worlds.

HumanSpacer wrote:
Well, I discovered the Tree of Worlds on a barren planet once.

Sometimes I find Rich Soil on barren planets smiley: stickouttongue
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 20, 2013, 9:17:04 AM
Wonders like this on gas giants have bothered me, too. It just doesn't make sense the way it looks. Mayba floating algea-like things would look better here.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 4:05:51 AM
What I don't like is wonders on asteroids. Not because I don't want them, but because they don't actually appear on or around the asteroids. smiley: frown
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 17, 2013, 3:25:25 AM
Tredecim wrote:
Broccoli! lol

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" ! smiley: stickouttongue

I guess some restrictions aren't applying.

Unlike anomalies, they don't seem to have bothered to restrict on what planets wonders can spawn. In galaxy generation they did restrict what anomaly can happen on what, but nothing there about wonders.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 10:04:01 PM
eobet wrote:
if this is "working as intended" then the intention is rather silly:

omg lol! I love it!
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 9:54:12 PM
Broccoli! lol

"It's not a bug, it's a feature" ! smiley: stickouttongue

I guess some restrictions aren't applying.
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
Mar 16, 2013, 8:32:30 PM
Yeah, it may be weird but I do think its definitely working-as-intended. Just imagine that the Tree is on one of the gas giants moons, they usually have what, like, 30 of them IRL?

Also, I would love to find a Garden of Eden on a Barren world. Because irony :P
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment