Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

This Is Needed for Multiplayer Sanity

Copied to clipboard!
11 years ago
Mar 8, 2014, 7:28:34 PM
Endless Space now plays wonderfully in multiplayer except for one thing and that is the @#$%^& Steam servers. Almost every game gets interrupted at least once when there is a server disconnect or the servers just go down altogether.

I'd like to see a way to play multiplayer without having to go through Steam.

UPDATE: Had two de-synchs this past week. However, Steam servers are still far worse of a problem.
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 13, 2014, 7:00:53 PM
I am begging the developers to make a way to bypass Steam for multiplayer. Today has been another day of Steam goes down, Steam goes up, Steam goes down. If there was any alternative to Steam, they would be out of business in a week. (And I am someone who gave Steam a chance and had been appreciating the convenience it offers in the purchase and updating of games. But they are so unreliable, it's intolerable.)
0Send private message
11 years ago
Mar 26, 2014, 8:13:27 PM
I wonder if in the future people might get access to running fan made servers for the MP community.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Apr 27, 2014, 7:40:15 PM
I never played MP, but will try it.

IT would be great for every player that he could run the server....how does MP work in LAN without internet access?
0Send private message
10 years ago
May 25, 2014, 6:15:39 AM
To be fair, I feel I should report that the Steam Servers have been reliable lately when I've played. My friend and I have played several games now without any server disconnects.

how does MP work in LAN without internet access?

You have to have Internet access and use Steam servers to play multiplayer. As I noted above, this has been working fine recently. What makes me nervous is what happened to another space 4X game, Sword of the Stars. They used a service that was sold to another service who then decided not to support the game anymore.

UPDATE: As I noted in another thread, Steam servers are proving once again unreliable. Very frustrating!
0Send private message
10 years ago
Jul 31, 2014, 7:57:29 PM
There's a great little software called Evolve that let's you host a party, and hosts that party's server for them. Get you're friends or whatever, form your group, and then the connection will avoid going through Steam I believe. The most the devs would do, and it's not even that necessary, is they could add support for the software. Easy solution for everyone smiley: biggrin

EDIT: Here's the link to the software, too https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment