Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

No Custom Races - Setting

Copied to clipboard!
10 years ago
Dec 4, 2014, 11:22:10 PM
Would be good to add this, seeing as Endless Legend has the functionality.

As some people name their custom race the same as a default race and even have the avatar picture be the same. The only way to tell is to hover over it and get the custom faction message displayed.
0Send private message
10 years ago
Dec 5, 2014, 2:18:30 PM
No offense, but if that is your only reason for wanting to disable custom factions (same name and picture as non-custom faction) then that's a terrible reason.

For Endless Legend I can kinda understand since most of the factions there are better than someone could make a custom faction for (due to the special techs some factions have where their points add up to over 100).

For both I don't know a way to use non-default pictures and they're not suppose to use the same name as the other factions in the game already (but people go into the custom faction .xml file and change the name there).

Also in ES a lot of the factions can be improved upon to some degree (there are certain traits I don't like and I also add a lot of negative traits to add even more positive ones).

I won't play a multiplayer game without custom factions, mostly cause I'm probably using a custom faction.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment