I play a game here or there these days and was considering another round.

Then I had a thought: are those charts that we see when clicking the hero's classes still wrong?

So, decided to load up the game and check so I could find a real chart if it isn't fixed.

I loaded up some of my save games, ones that are in late or end game turns (heroes level 16-22).

Well, of course those charts (images) are still the base version's charts.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting some glitch that doesn't load the Disharmony charts?

I've never seen proper charts... so I ran some searches online and can't find Disharmony hero skill charts.

I'll get to the suggestion in a bit... you can jump down to it if you like.

On loading my save games and checking, here are the mistakes I can find:

Class ------ Skill --------------------- Chart Information ------------------- Hover Information (When Choosing)

Corporate -- Co-opetition ------------ +10 Science ------------------------ +15 Science

Corporate -- Black Marketeer --------- +50% Food on Blockaded ------------ +50% Dust on Seige / Blockaded

Adventurer - Minister of Propoganda 1 - +30 Approval ----------------------- +15 Approval

Adventurer - Minister of Propoganda 2 - +40 Approval ----------------------- +35 Approval

Pilot ------- Tinkerer 1 --------------- +1 Off, +2 Def ---------------------- Fleet Missiles : +20% Max Dmg, +20% Min Dmg, +30% Def

Pilot ------- Tinkerer 2 --------------- +2 Off, +3 Def ---------------------- Fleet Missiles : +20% Max Dmg, +20% Min Dmg, +30% Def

I'm guessing this wasn't picked up on before because who uses those charts, really? *raises hand*

I mean, aiming for Tinkerer thinking that the bonus would be nice... only to be reminded after taking it that it now only applies to missiles - and I left them in my other fleet pocket.

At this point, I think when I play next I'll gather the information from hovers as I play and build my own chart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Suggestion Time

If this game is still getting updates... build real charts.

Make something like the tech-web but for the hero skills.

The regular method is available for selecting... or click to open a new screen with the hero skill web.

Only skills available for that hero are visible.

If the prerequisites aren't met, keep it dark (lines connect the requisites).

If it is already active, indicate it like in the tech-web.

If they have the prerequisites then it is shown as actively selectable.

Hovering over them gives the information and then clicking it makes it active - but not set.

The payer must accept (much like normal leveling up) for the skill to be applied and the point taken.

Perhaps this could act in parallel, where even exiting the skill-web screen doesn't finalize it.

Once back at the usual level up screen, the selected skill will have been moved from 'available' to 'active' just like they had selected it in that little box.

At this point, the player can cancel or accept it to finalize the decision.

This way, the players that know what they want can use the traditional level up box.

However, people like myself can open the web and look ahead to plan our course... and re-plan because I forget by the next level up. *laughs*

~~~~ At the very least

It would be nice if at the minimum there were corrected charts for Disharmony that it loaded instead, leaving the originals for when 'turning off' Disharmony.

I mean... I was going to shortcut it myself by finding a Disharmony chart and referencing it while playing.

Alas, I found not one (I'm not effective with search engines) and will just build some spread sheet or something.

After all, I created a 'spell-chart' for Dragon Age RPG for when playing with my group because the alphabetical list in the books made future planning complicated and tedious.

Also... I overdo data things. *grins*

~~~

Thank you for your patience. We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum postings. ^_^;