logo amplifiers simplified

[SUGGESTION] Contested systems

YES
NO
Vote now
Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 3:28:52 AM
------I know this would be a late game/post-game add-on but i figured i should suggest it now. Also, i checked the suggestion thread but didn't see anything related to this so here it goes!------

CONTESTED SYSTEMS:

So i recently read a sci-fi book where three different space faring empires each owned a planet in a single system system.

What i'm thinking is that when an empire creates an outpost in a system and its not a colony yet, another empire could colonize another planet in the same system. It could be prevented by a fleet guarding the system until it becomes a full colony.

The twist on this is that the two, three, or more contested planets in a system would cause the system to be neutral until all contested planets are owned by one empire. The contested system would stop its colony countdown timer until all contested planets are owned by one empire.

While a system is contested industry, science, and dust production receive a negative effect. But trade is boosted.

There would be two ways to to conquer the planets in a contested system. MILITARILY and CIVILLY.

MILITARILY: the active way

It would work similarly to an invasion but you would have to go planet by planet conquering each one individually. You would be able to defend your planet in a contested system if you have a fleet in the system.

This would happen at a fairly fast rate compared to doing it civilly. the downside is that the population would have low happiness when done with the invasion.

CIVILLY: the passive way

This would work through the happiness of that individual happiness of the planets in contention. A planet with high happiness would influence the other planets to change sides. a planet with low happiness would be more likely to change sides. This would happen at a slow rate compared to an invasion. If you have the border of your other colonies extending over the contested system it would add a % bonus to the conversion speed. (Say the number of fully fledged colonies would be the % multiplier.) The upside to this is that the converted planet will have a high level of happiness and a temporary boost in industry, science, and dust production.

-------------------Please feel free to leave feedback and opinions!smiley: smile
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 7, 2012, 8:14:26 AM
Basically a good idea, but i think it wouldn't fit into the concept of the game to manage a hole system at once to limit the micromanagement.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment