Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified

Sound Design

Copied to clipboard!
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:31:44 AM
quastebec wrote:
Audible battle communications betweeen your ships in space combat. thinks like: "Targeting enemy Cruiser. All batteries, fire!" or "We are hit! Hull breach, hull breach! *scramble*"

Definitely. It seems so odd. And various playbacks of those commands, depending on how the battle is going.

I want my Admiral screaming "We are hit! Hull breach, hull breach!" in complete panic when losing badly, and responding coolly and controlled when it is only a minor setback.
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 10:18:01 PM
quastebec wrote:
I agree with that!

Another suggestion for battle sounds, which was made allready several times but can be repeated again i think:

audible battle communications betweeen your ships in space combat. thinks like: "Targeting enemy Cruiser. All batteries, fire!" or "We are hit! Hull breach, hull breach! *scramble*"

I loved the ship to ship chatter in the Homeworld series
0Send private message
12 years ago
Jun 9, 2012, 7:21:00 PM
This thread is the origin of altering sound design discussions.

Other threads about this have been archived:

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13205-suggestion-allow-private-music-jukebox-ingame

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13569-suggestion-in-game-music

/#/endless-space/forum/29-archives/thread/13617-suggestion-option-to-mute-sound-when-the-game-is-in-the-background.

Feel free to post here about this topic here and inform yourself about the variations the threads listed above have already discussed, but don't open new suggestion threads for anything alike. smiley: wink
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:56:18 AM
I agree with all the statements here! Battles currently lack epicness. But I'm sure the dev are already working on the sound effect aspect.

We have also to consider the lack of time/funds for the dev in order to do all of that on time. I hope they are working on it but according to the progress bar, they are already 95% in the "music" which stands for all sound effect in the game
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 16, 2012, 5:41:33 AM
It would certainly add more immersion to the game when you hear someone from your fleet shouting and such; reinforcing that your ships have crews and aren't just bots.(although they are)
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 11:29:06 PM
Hm I recently made a thread for creative input on music but a dedicated thread for the sound effects was still missing. I agree that the sound effects still need a lot of tweaking but as far as I can tell a lot of the suggestions are already made and until I see some tweaking from the devs to see where this is going I can't make more suggestions currently. But we should keep the thread around for input when the first edits to the sound effects are made.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 15, 2012, 9:30:56 PM
Everyone's been talking about weapon effects. Am I the only one who thinks that when a ship blows up it sounds like someone's teleporting away or something? Or maybe the problem's at my end... smiley: biggrin
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 7:59:56 AM
I totaly agree the sound need improvements think how coll it would be if we could hear the ship gets bombard adn destryed rooms crushing
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 5, 2012, 9:46:09 AM
Hi There,

Im not sure if this was discussed before, a quick search didnt come up with a similar Thread so ill start one.

Am i the only one who thinks that the sound in Battle need more impact and diversity?

If i got that right the Weapons all have the same soundeffect and impacts are not as powerfull as you might think.

Id' suggest that the Weapons should get a different soundeffect by class (kinetic/beam/torpedos) and by strength.

So a researched (level5) beam should have a different sound than the starting one.

Is the sound already "final" or did the devteam state that it will be reworked?

What are your thoughts about that? It would make the combat more satisfying imo.

Greetings

SubSeven
0Send private message
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:24:31 AM
Totally speaking out of turn here (I have no contact with the dev team at all), but I feel that since the game is in Alpha the team is spending little to no time on graphic/sound tweaks. Right now it's just about adding in the content, and Beta will be for fleshing out sounds/looks and balancing. I'm sure the team is planning on changing up the sounds and fire effects later so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Although I have to admit the idea of having some battle chatter would be quite fun.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 9, 2012, 2:04:52 AM
quastebec wrote:
Another suggestion for battle sounds, which was made allready several times but can be repeated again i think:

audible battle communications betweeen your ships in space combat. thinks like: "Targeting enemy Cruiser. All batteries, fire!" or "We are hit! Hull breach, hull breach! *scramble*"

This is something that is really needed in my opinion and would add a lot to the experience.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 3:32:41 PM
I would like it if the sounds were a bit more muted due to the vacuum of space, like Battlestar Galactica. I also feel like the music could take some cues from BG as well, with a less electronic tone and more drums. Finally, I feel the gameplay could really be enhanced with the addition of voices shouting commands over the radio.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 2:22:50 PM
I think especially the knietics weapons' sounds need a rework. If I think about guns on starships, they are bigass artillery or railguns, and not machineguns as the sounds indicate atm.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 1:22:50 PM
I agree with that!

0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 12:01:51 PM
Kamshin wrote:
I agree, weapon effects need more Oomph.

It is not that it is bad, but it does not serve the action.

Well put good sir, thats exactly what i meant.
0Send private message
12 years ago
May 6, 2012, 9:07:07 AM
I agree, weapon effects need more Oomph.

Also, the combat music could be improved. It is not that it is bad, but it does not serve the action.

Oddly, it reminds me of an electronic version of the ones in Skies of Arcadia, which had the same shortcomings...
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment